Java Thread

Pics
Well i just had a bunch of javas to hatch,,,,,,,it's begun........

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
WHAT KIND ARE THEY AND WHERE DID YOU GET THEM FROM??
wee.gif

They are all black .Some of my hens are from eggs i got from banjo joe and some i've had for years.Also i had a bunch of my German new hamps to hatch too!!!!!

I'm new to BYC and been watching this thread. I have a little Java flock consisting of a 8 month old cockerel and pullet, with three young hens (one year on Feb 21). Thought I would add some pictures. (Who doesn't like pictures?)

I'm new to BYC and been watching this thread. I have a little Java flock consisting of a 8 month old cockerel and pullet, with three young hens (one year on Feb 21). Thought I would add some pictures. (Who doesn't like pictures?)

Nice staright back on that pretty boy !
Are the pullets younger than he is? They look small, just wondering.
Nice to see someone breeding real Javas !

So, Monte told me today, that someone on this thread is raising "Buff javas" and I need to see that for myself.
Just wondering (we both are) what is cross bred into the line to make the bird 'buff' and that said, it really cannot, should not be called, a Java.
As Monte said, he has raised chickens and Javas for 15 years, and hatched thousands of chicks each year, and never had so much as 1 Auburn or Buff or any other color.
If a breed is cross bred, in our opinion, it is thus another breed, case in point: jersey Giants.
Jersey Giants were made from Javas, among other breeds.
But they are not named "Giant Javas"
They are a breed unto themselves, and thus named so.
Hopefully no one "does" designer colors on the Buckeye or any other Heritage breed.
Try as hard as you can to preserve these heritage birds, and not spoil their genetic lines.
Just saying.

Hope everyone is doing fine, spring is coming...hatching is going great here !

Last edited:
He's a big boy. Same age as the pullet to his left. He weighed 7 1/2 lbs at 6 months, she was 5 1/2. I have not weighed him since as he is fairly wild. Here's some pictures of the girls that didn't make the first post. I'm still figuring this out.

Back
Top Bottom