Jeers from ideal poultry?

harvestmoonGal

Chirping
6 Years
May 10, 2013
I have several different questions

1. Are all guineas mean? If so can they be trained to be nice?

2. Will the guineas hurt my chickens? If so will they require a separet cage?

3. Is ideal poultry a good place to get guineas from?

4. Do guineas require any special care?

I would love to have some but I'm very worried about them being mean. I've heard of people who had to get rid of them becuase they are so mean! I have kids that go back their all the time, and I don't want a guinea to attack them.

1. Not all guineas are mean. The one's I've raised have been quite aggressive but I've gone to other people's farms and they've been fine. If you have a very few amount of them and spend a lot of time with them they can be calmed down a bit.

2. It is possible they will injure your chickens. Especially, if you have any roosters. I wouldn't personally advise keeping them together unless they're all free ranging.

3. You'll probably be able to find them locally for around the same price.

4. They'll need more protein than chicks when growing up. They're excellent fliers so you'll have to keep up with clipping wings if you don't want them flying around.

Thanks!

I'm only getting 8 or 10.

Can they be kept with goats?
We are building a large pen for only 3 goats. Could I put them to gether and make sure the guinea food is in reachable to my goats.

Would there be netting on top of the goat pen? Even with clipped wings they can jump quite high.

No, but my coop has a large run. I think I'm going to put them with the chickens. I will just have to mess with them a lot and get them use to me.

Back
Top Bottom