Jeff got in Trouble and He Needs a New Home

Feb 20, 2021
Salem, Oregon
IMG_20220226_103751127.jpg

Jeffrey hatched November 16th 2021
We are in Salem Oregon
His mother was a Cochin, and his father was a Mosaic x Easter egger cross. He has one fibromelanistic gene, which is why he has a mulberry comb, earlobes and wattles.
He is used to kids and has not been aggressive toward them or me (so far. He is not a year old yet so I won't make a guarantee.)
He can't live in town, he wakes the neighbors and has had a compliance call today. They gave me a week to re home him. I totally understand. He crows at 6:30 am like clockwork.
If he can't find a home I will send him to freezer camp, but I'd rather give him a chance. He's not a purebred bird but he may carry the blue egg gene and he's so far not human aggressive, so he has that going for him.

IMG_20220428_111749600.jpg

Here's Jeff today. Hes in my bathroom. We tried a no crow collar. It did not work (I don't think I had it on tight enough, but any tighter seemed way too tight.
I'd rather he just not suffer wearing one of those. They are miserable looking. I'd be willing to part with his girlfriends as a trio if they go to a good home.
IMG_20220428_111329_01 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom