Jerry Reed died

sad.png

Our local radio station 10-12 years ago played "Amos Moses" because someone found it and thought it was a funny song.They got a huge amount of requests for it to be played again and again.
To "share the wealth" the morning DJs decided to see if they could get the song back on the charts by playing it a lot and getting people to request it every where they could.
They succeeded. Jerry Reed found out about it and called the station and talked to the DJs live.
Loved his music and thought the guy himself would have great fun to have as a friend.

Everyone is talking about his movies and songs. He was never given credit for being the amazing guitar player he was. He is credited with his "clawhammer" style.

I saw an old TV clip of him and Chet Atkins - Jerry could really play. A very multi-talented person. RIP.

sad.png

hit.gif
He was a wonderful person. I have to agree with yall when you say he made the Bandit what he was. I can see him and his dog just a grinnin'

I had the privelege of seeing Jerry in concert a few years ago at a small venue in a nearby town, very cool! I'm glad I had this opportunity before he passed. So many of those great icons of country music are passing on. DH will be sad to hear this news, he is a HUGE fan.

Back
Top Bottom