Jersey Giant laid her first today

AceCourier

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2017
My Jersey Giant dropped her first egg today (5 months). She squabbled with one of the Easter Eggers for a box. (Not sure why she didn't just pick an empty one) it took her about 30 mins.

Attachments

• IMG_8979.JPG
    IMG_8979.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Those first eggs are always so exciting! My Jersey Giants ALWAYS squabble for a box. They like to lay together, I swear! They have been great birds, though. Congrats on the first egg!

Those first eggs are always so exciting! My Jersey Giants ALWAYS squabble for a box. They like to lay together, I swear! They have been great birds, though. Congrats on the first egg!
I had never seen a shouting/shoving match like that over a place to lay. Really interesting to watch their behaviors.

My chickens, no matter what breed, always squabble over a particular spot. We are moving though, I wonder what their new spot will be.
My others will squabble over spots in the roost at night but not when someone is trying to lay. Maybe my other gals were a little better at sharing. :)

My others will squabble over spots in the roost at night but not when someone is trying to lay. Maybe my other gals were a little better at sharing. :)

Probably. My chickens are pretty naughty. Today one gave me a bad scare when she escaped for several hours. We found her pigging out in someones backyard. :lau

Back
Top Bottom