Jersey Giants

prizepete

Songster
Mar 3, 2015
im having trouble finding a thread for Jersey giants, so I figured I could start one! Post pictures or just plain talk about the big guys!

I have two black Jersey Giants that are about 23 weeks old - They are already the biggest hens! (I also have an Americauna, a black Australorp, Silver Wyandotte, Buff Orpington and a White Leghorn)
I'm not sure if they are laying yet (the Australorp and Wyandotte are the same age and I'm getting about 2 small brown eggs a day)

I have two black Jersey Giants that are about 23 weeks old - They are already the biggest hens! (I also have an Americauna, a black Australorp, Silver Wyandotte, Buff Orpington and a White Leghorn)
I'm not sure if they are laying yet (the Australorp and Wyandotte are the same age and I'm getting about 2 small brown eggs a day)
They are HUGE!! I knew they where big but I’m still amazed!! Mine are a tiny bit older than yours at 27 weeks. I still havent gotten an egg, but she keeps getting closer and closer! I will try and take some pictures of mine tomorrow to post!

I just got 3 Jersey Giants about 1 month ago and I'm super excited to see them grow!!! Right now they look petite compared to the 3 Freedom Rangers that were (unintentionally, thanks TSC) obtained at the same time, but they are tall! If anyone has pics of adults I would love to see them, especially compared to a different breed

I just got 3 Jersey Giants about 1 month ago and I'm super excited to see them grow!!! Right now they look petite compared to the 3 Freedom Rangers that were (unintentionally, thanks TSC) obtained at the same time, but they are tall! If anyone has pics of adults I would love to see them, especially compared to a different breed
Cool!! Mine are pretty young still. From what I’ve heard, they dont really “fill out” until about 8 months old. West coast jersey giants has some great pictures, definitely worth checking out their website!

IMG_1454.JPG
Good Morning,
I have 2 Jersey Giant hens that I received as week old chicks at the end of March. Keep in mind I have never had chickens before. Im a bit anxious for them to start laying but I guess like everything its in their own time. Here a pic of the three before I had to find a home for the rooster. I live here in NJ and where im at don't allow roosters. this is them at about 2 months ago. They've gotten a lot bigger since then.

Hope I'm doing this right. This post is meant to be under Jersey Giants General Discussion. I have three heritage bred JG chicks about 7 weeks old. Yes they are big. Two are already slowly growing combs and wattles, one is not. Does this determine the sex in JG's already, or should I wait to determine the sex?

Anybody know where I can get Jersey Giant Hatching Eggs that that will/could produce Blues, Blacks and Splash.

I have one BJG, hatched in May of last year. Got her from Agway, along with her brahma sisters. So cool having such big birds. I think Blackie is a hair bigger than Buffy the buff brahma... Blackie is the only fully black bird in my flock.
20171112_103014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom