Jersey Woolies

I had them as a teenager and I don't think I have pictures of them anymore! Mine were sweet rabbits - they had a similar personality to Netherland Dwarfs - kinda busy and curious, not real cuddly, but friendly. My 2 favorites for calm and cuddly are Angoras and Holland Lops - my kids could hold them upside down and carry them around like babies.

The coat on the young Jersey Wooly rabbits is very fine and downey and prone to tangles and matts, but once the adult coat comes in, they have longer guard hair and it's not hard to maintain. Sometimes the undercoat would get small matts, especially when they're shedding, but generally MUCH easier to keep neat than an angora rabbit.

I agree that the Holland lops are the hugger buggers. Mine is sooo sweet and puts up with a lot of nonsense from his buddy, Minka the pug, lol.
I don't know anything about jersey woolies but wish you luck on your rabbit adventures.

I breed and show Jersey Woolies. They are a great bunny. Small, friendly and easy to groom. They are a perfect fit for children since they are a small size and have really nice personalities. Once they get their senior coat, they require very little grooming.

bun.gif
I have a Jersey Wooly house bunny. She's a great little pet, very active and curious about every thing. She is very intelligent and friendly. We really enjoy her.
smile.png

Mitzi

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what these cuties usually go for? I've tried looking it up but haven't really gotten anywhere with it. I'm getting a breeding pair and the doe is already pregnant. They both have papers and are HUGE puff balls. I used to breed lion heads but this is my first time with jersey woolies and I'm not sure what the normal price for them is in ky. Thanks in advance for advice :)

I bought my unpapered jersey wooly for about $15 about ten years ago. He definitely wasn't a show quality specimen, but he was an awesome pet. I would say that a papered wooly around here (northern NJ) would sell anywhere from $30-50, depending on the breeder, the quality, and the show record of the parents. Better known breeders can usually get a bit more because the quality of their rabbits is well known.

Back
Top Bottom