Jerusalem artichokes with ducks?

cheezenkwackers

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2016
Memphis, TN
I have 5 Jerusalem artichoke/sunchoke tubers arriving today. I was planning on putting them in the very back of my garden which is also where my ducks live. Do I need to protect the young plants. My ducks currently let Verbena Bonariensis and Boneset grow in peace but I know the whole Jerusalem artichoke plant is edible. I can protect them if needed. Has anyone tried them with ducks?

i have a huge
I have 5 Jerusalem artichoke/sunchoke tubers arriving today. I was planning on putting them in the very back of my garden which is also where my ducks live. Do I need to protect the young plants. My ducks currently let Verbena Bonariensis and Boneset grow in peace but I know the whole Jerusalem artichoke plant is edible. I can protect them if needed. Has anyone tried them with ducks?
garden of them next to the ducks but there is fencing in between. i’m assuming they will spread into the duck pen likely this year… then i’ll kno lol 😂
perhaps you can plant a couple inside the pen and a couple out just in case you lose the ones inside? we all know how much ducks dig dig dig dig dig dig, dig dig dig dig

i have a huge

garden of them next to the ducks but there is fencing in between. i’m assuming they will spread into the duck pen likely this year… then i’ll kno lol 😂
perhaps you can plant a couple inside the pen and a couple out just in case you lose the ones inside? we all know how much ducks dig dig dig dig dig dig, dig dig dig dig
Thanks! I can’t really plant outside of the fence so I will probably just protect the young plants with mesh. It will just be more work than not doing it and I was hoping to be lazy.

This is a timely thread! I was recently gifted with a bag of Jerusalem 'choke tubers and was wondering if the chickens would bother them. How about deer? Will deer eat them?

Back
Top Bottom