Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Heel low:

Where was I ... distracted by a salivating Benny. :hit

Jul 26 2017 IMGP1322.jpg

Jul 26 - Sheep BUTTS...

OH yes... :plbb

July 23 2017 twenty second 41 36 32 IMGP0736.jpg

Plump grass & milk fed lambs...July 22 2017 -
Èden is 41 pounds
Èder is 36 pounds
Èvangelina is 32 pounds

Given Peanut has two lambs (twins with a combined weight of 69 pounds) to Snickers 41 pound lamb cake.

July 23 2017 IMGP0839.jpg

Peanut and the three babes

Jul 23 2017 IMGP0853.jpg

Jul 23 2017 - The Girls surveying their FLOCK

Nobody sneaking up on their lambs... :frow

Jul 27 2017 IMGP1376.jpg

Jul 27

Trimming around the Veg Garden building...saves work for Rick (places he don't have to mow) and fills their bellies! :)

Jul 26 2017 IMGP1337.jpg

Jul 26 :highfive:

I like my two helper herders...they respect and listen to each other. Makes keeping the sheep very easy, eh. Entertaining and easier. ;)

July 26 2017 IMGP1333.jpg

Jul 26 - Three generations
Snickers, her first lamb D'Arcy Mar 2016,
and her second lamb Èden Jun 2017

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Heel low:

Said I would end on the Circus...begin and end... July 28...I've seen them do this before...but not this many and so organized! :hmm

Jul 28 2017 1 IMGP1608.jpg

Snickers assisting Duro to eat leaves

So not quite sure... :hmm

Jul 28 2017 2 IMGP1611.jpg

And note...Duro is not actually STANDING with
her sharp hooves on Snicker's back
Duro gets to stand longer on Snicker's back because of her manners

Why would a supposedly stupid creature like a sheep allow others to stand on her back and eat tree leaves...what is in this for Snickers? She has never done this where I have seen it...the other Mom Peanut (have some clicks of Peanut using Snickers) does this also.

Jul 28 2017 3 IMGP1613.jpg

The elevated sheeps are very careful NOT
to keep hooves entirely ON their step ladder Snickers

And one lone sheep can harvest leaves from trees on their own too...not as well though when compared to the teamwork results. ;)

Jul 28 2017 IMGP1642.jpg

I think persons like Benny need to be careful...better have their GAME ON...how's that power lifting going...better be up to snuff, in body & mind eh! :cool:

Jul 28 2017 IMGP1643.jpg

Athletic Sheeps!!

Jul 28 2017 IMGP1645.jpg

Duro the MEATY EWE is no slouch
I'd like to say that ROUNDNESS she has is fat,
but looking pretty athletic
:ya

Laying on the couch eating bonbons...nope...she's a force to reckon with. May kick yer butt? :lau

Jul 28 2017 IMGP1662.jpg

Chubby meaty butt? Buns of STEEL??

Back to the Circus Sheep...balancing act extraordinaire... :pop

July 28 2017 1 IMGP1618.jpg

Now see...if you stand ON your step ladder for
too long - Snicker's will cave...

Gotta be more mindful of cutting hurty hooves...hard on a back as is full weight!

July 28 2017 2 IMGP1623.jpg

Snicker's resteadies herself - legs full squared!
It is a balancing act...a three or four ring circus here... Sheep are co-operating, not for self-betterment...but improvement for the flock members. Leaves are tasty...out of easy reach without help. :highfive:

July 28 2017 3 IMGP1631.jpg

:yesss: Team Work!! :yesss:

So why again, does Snickers put up with allowing these others in her flock to eat leaves off her back? Stops HER from grazing, it is awkward and what reward is hers and why does she do it? :confused:

Sure is! I just booked my flight tickets to Canada!

Be forewarned...sheep that cooperate, have manners and culture...they are a force to fear. Might want to cancel that plane ticket Benny...you got herdy bitey dogs AND sheep that know how to work together and that's before you even get close to those rolly polly fatted lambs!
:barnie

Hy hy don't cray this fhony cry!
I KNOW THAT YOU APRICIAT LAMB MEAT!

Yes, I like lamb meat...very tasty! :lol:
But at this point in time...I sorta kinda like the meat ON the sheep right now. :love

Besides...not sure I am mentally or physically UP to taking one out? :old They are making me scared...my flock may be planning a world take over...seem smart & well organized enough for it! :)

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

OK OK I will bring my lamb meat with me.

NEWSFLASH...

Benny arrives in Canada but cannot find his luggage... :confused:

Meanwhile...back on the Pear-A-Dice thread...Tara begins regular postings of photos showing REALLY, REALLY good looking lamb dishes...Hmmm...??? :p
:eek:

Welcome to Canada and the bribable airport baggage staff :ya

Back
Top Bottom