Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Heel low:

My my...what a lot of lovely people in attendance and all the kind words...I thank you for that...hee hee...what fun, eh!
celebrate.gif

A quick chatter...if you would ask me when was NOT a good time to begin a new thread...the Cusp of August would probably be my response...but no matter...Suck it up Buttercup!
tongue.png

I had a hatch planned and we have an additional 18 duck a lucks, 11 more turkalurks (happily welcomed in by the first three...so cute!), and 41 more chookalooks! Pictures to follow but not right today, though I will tease and torment y'all with the two newest Calls...a chocolate (rarest colour in ducks of Mallard descent
wink.png
-- probably because the moment you mention DUCK & CHOCOLATE, people think Easter treats and start munching on a webber or two!).

Sweet, Sweet Choco Duckling....See the other one standing back saying, "Yes, EAT him...I taste bad!"​

We got hit with full half an hour of pea sized hail at 11 pm last night. Not baseball or golfballs but still did some interesting damage. I ventured out at midnight when the rain finally let up and took a bunch of pics...funny that as I had taken a round of pics that evening before I watered...if I had only known, would not have bothered to water...a lot of shredded leaves (told you I was an IDIOT gardener...village one too) and from the pics, the plants all sat nestled in rights of ice for some time...still some piles melting even now here at noon.
lau.gif

Anyway...not too bad because the Chants still had two eggs this morn for me to collect...so does not see to have upset anyone.

Gotta run I have been banking up some pics and will post probably after this holiday weekend.

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Back
Top Bottom