Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Pics
I'm coming to your house for dinner. I love egg drop soup.
My chants are driving me crazy trying to figure out what they are. Still no clue, guess I'll have to see who crows.
Is fix on rimadyl for arthritis?
I'm enjoying one of the rare moments one or both of the dogs aren't sitting on me.

caf.gif

Well, I am subscribed to this thread, and am so glad I did, it was nice to read, Tara, your meanderings around the farm, smiling that big smile. I have been very busy this winter too, and am in the throws of single mating with my buff orpington flock. Got almost all the 10 hens covered, so should have good fertility, well in a perfect world anyways. I loved that rather large swam egg, you held in your tremblin' hand. My hand would tremble too if I picked up and held something so big to take a picture with my other hand, it was a thing of beauty. Reminded me of a world map actually, the egg being the world. Winter will soon be on its way out. We still have snow too, but it is melting so fast it is making my head swim. But good. The chooks are having the time of their life with all the dirt and greens and stuff they are finding that has been snow hidden. As usual, my dear, a beautiful post of the pooches, your birds and well, just stuff. Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM

Heel low:

That swan egg is huge, pretty colour too... I love the look of those Higgins dove bantams, really pretty. Dinner looks yummy...

They were running about 255 grams...considering a Jumbo chook egg here in Canada is 70 grams...that is over three eggs from one 10 to 15 pound bird. Hee hee. Colour is the kewlest, eh. Blue, green, pastel and chalky. I tried to get some interest in someone to make me some dummy eggs (they lay them when it is not the best of times...May and October, both times when we can get decent cold snaps!). I ordered in some rock eggs, not as big as I would like but Pearl kinda thought they were interesting...hee hee.

Dinner was decent...I have made better fried rice but it will do. I am not bored, eh...what I like is the fact that now, we have leftovers so few meals are easy peasy!
lol.png

I'm coming to your house for dinner. I love egg drop soup.
My chants are driving me crazy trying to figure out what they are. Still no clue, guess I'll have to see who crows.
Is fix on rimadyl for arthritis?
I'm enjoying one of the rare moments one or both of the dogs aren't sitting on me.

Got another two servings for here...so yes, you better get moving, eh.
tongue.png

Do they have the butt feathers, the ones located on the saddle or cushion? I know from personal experience the head gear is wretchedly inconclusive. Colour is not help there either, girls can redden up before the boys do and vice versa. Crow/lay egg or round for girl and pointy for boy in the back feathers. About as good as it gets. I don't vent sex, so that's all the help I can be...sigh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carprofen

I type it wrong...cartrophen....tee hee, but yes, on Rimadyl--this is one of the trade names (nfi). Her mother Makins was on it too. While it has side affects like liver and kidney damage, gastrointestinal issues and possible seizures too...sigh... What we found is that her mother Makins was spending her life on the couch... Not doing nothing much. We call the Carprofen their lubey shots. Four shots a week apart and then once every three months. Makins came back to life, got off the couch and had a LIFE once again. We also had Makey Makes on Medicam (nfi) but Fixins up and got feeling off on it...so no Medicam for her. I don't prefer using meds (myself I take nothing, nada), but quality of life is paramount for the dogs. Do I want them to live ten years laying around or do I want them ON some type of med but having a life, maybe a shorter life because of side affects, but a better one. We chose better life...hope the dogs agree with our choice for them. Consult with yer vet for your particular situation. Ours did not know about carprofen, or he never suggested it. Dog friend told us about it.

Hey Woman...see my garden, still growing ice worms, eh! Not for fishing either...don't ice fish. Hee hee.

I do admit that I have looked at some of the gardening displays at the hardware stores... About now, when we lived on the WEsT Coast...in my flower garden, I would be seeing the Rhododendrons and Azaleas begin to get ready to bloom. The first item would be the snowdrops to blossom, daffies, tulips and such. There was one flowering bush I forget the name of but would bloom with yellow or purple gorgeous flowers even before the twigs had leaves on them. Tea roses (fav was Queen Elizabeth), Hydrangeas (huge huge), and always marveled at the Magnolias...we had one tender shrub sized one with the deepest of purple blossoms. Ah yes, another time and at another place. I remember them fondly but yeh, I'm OK here...hee hee...tending my ice crystals.
lol.png

Well, I am subscribed to this thread, and am so glad I did, it was nice to read, Tara, your meanderings around the farm, smiling that big smile. I have been very busy this winter too, and am in the throws of single mating with my buff orpington flock. Got almost all the 10 hens covered, so should have good fertility, well in a perfect world anyways. I loved that rather large swam egg, you held in your tremblin' hand. My hand would tremble too if I picked up and held something so big to take a picture with my other hand, it was a thing of beauty. Reminded me of a world map actually, the egg being the world. Winter will soon be on its way out. We still have snow too, but it is melting so fast it is making my head swim. But good. The chooks are having the time of their life with all the dirt and greens and stuff they are finding that has been snow hidden. As usual, my dear, a beautiful post of the pooches, your birds and well, just stuff. Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM

Oh my...Sunshine...

I was just gonna post and saw your reply. My "view from the shoe and boot" instigator of joys and happiness!
hugs.gif

I am thinking you too will be getting going on your lovely growing season and yes, all the Big Buffer Orps will be big butts waving in the air giving the new found earth all its worth with their chicken toes...hee hee. Yeh, 14 hours of light before real fertility is a given...that happens for us here round about middle of April. I am in no rush for spring to come...wicked warm weather is good for the critters I agree and I have kept my thoughts of spring quelled with clearing out growing out pens...hee hee...tired body = less of an evil mind!
wink.png

May I post that photo again of your sis and your magical egg that she held so proud in her hand. I do know I have had your permission before and I do know I posted it here on this exact thread but at more than 70 pages (whew)...to figure out when that was is just too much for my eager and anxious mind to fathom. Such a photo...always in my mind's eye when I hold them precious gifts the birds bless us all with! That photo is a vision of eternal beauty and bounty, eh.

Well I MUST close for now...I do have to post here more often and yes, yes, the silly Punnett Squares are a ready for the White chook breeding post but I must go. Rick is home and Fixins is bounding around like a pup reminding me she cannot be in TWO places at once...so the family must go have the Saturday morning coffee conversations and hilarities...

I hear Rick rustling around getting a cuppa! He was up at 3 a.m. (his usual work time--I know, insane...I keep telling him to SLEEP IN eh...he shortens his life for that...but he made a funny comment last night...wants the turn down to go back up, busier than he has ever been...gack!) and made coffee and fed Fixins. So now I can go have some morning java with me Hero. I think we hafta make plans today to go visit our Boy...eat his snacks, pester his pets, mess his house up and generally torment him. Alexander tells me he has set up a sound room...so I have to go inspect this musical wonderment he has done up...guitar, drums and banjo. Musical Man...I am so happy he is exploring this aspect of his inner talents...must go...away with moi!
wee.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Heel low:

They were running about 255 grams...considering a Jumbo chook egg here in Canada is 70 grams...that is over three eggs from one 10 to 15 pound bird. Hee hee. Colour is the kewlest, eh. Blue, green, pastel and chalky. I tried to get some interest in someone to make me some dummy eggs (they lay them when it is not the best of times...May and October, both times when we can get decent cold snaps!). I ordered in some rock eggs, not as big as I would like but Pearl kinda thought they were interesting...hee hee.

Dinner was decent...I have made better fried rice but it will do. I am not bored, eh...what I like is the fact that now, we have leftovers so few meals are easy peasy!
lol.png

Got another two servings for here...so yes, you better get moving, eh.
tongue.png

Do they have the butt feathers, the ones located on the saddle or cushion? I know from personal experience the head gear is wretchedly inconclusive. Colour is not help there either, girls can redden up before the boys do and vice versa. Crow/lay egg or round for girl and pointy for boy in the back feathers. About as good as it gets. I don't vent sex, so that's all the help I can be...sigh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carprofen

I type it wrong...cartrophen....tee hee, but yes, on Rimadyl--this is one of the trade names (nfi). Her mother Makins was on it too. While it has side affects like liver and kidney damage, gastrointestinal issues and possible seizures too...sigh... What we found is that her mother Makins was spending her life on the couch... Not doing nothing much. We call the Carprofen their lubey shots. Four shots a week apart and then once every three months. Makins came back to life, got off the couch and had a LIFE once again. We also had Makey Makes on Medicam (nfi) but Fixins up and got feeling off on it...so no Medicam for her. I don't prefer using meds (myself I take nothing, nada), but quality of life is paramount for the dogs. Do I want them to live ten years laying around or do I want them ON some type of med but having a life, maybe a shorter life because of side affects, but a better one. We chose better life...hope the dogs agree with our choice for them. Consult with yer vet for your particular situation. Ours did not know about carprofen, or he never suggested it. Dog friend told us about it.

Hey Woman...see my garden, still growing ice worms, eh! Not for fishing either...don't ice fish. Hee hee.

I do admit that I have looked at some of the gardening displays at the hardware stores... About now, when we lived on the WEsT Coast...in my flower garden, I would be seeing the Rhododendrons and Azaleas begin to get ready to bloom. The first item would be the snowdrops to blossom, daffies, tulips and such. There was one flowering bush I forget the name of but would bloom with yellow or purple gorgeous flowers even before the twigs had leaves on them. Tea roses (fav was Queen Elizabeth), Hydrangeas (huge huge), and always marveled at the Magnolias...we had one tender shrub sized one with the deepest of purple blossoms. Ah yes, another time and at another place. I remember them fondly but yeh, I'm OK here...hee hee...tending my ice crystals.
lol.png

Oh my...Sunshine...

I was just gonna post and saw your reply. My "view from the shoe and boot" instigator of joys and happiness!
hugs.gif

I am thinking you too will be getting going on your lovely growing season and yes, all the Big Buffer Orps will be big butts waving in the air giving the new found earth all its worth with their chicken toes...hee hee. Yeh, 14 hours of light before real fertility is a given...that happens for us here round about middle of April. I am in no rush for spring to come...wicked warm weather is good for the critters I agree and I have kept my thoughts of spring quelled with clearing out growing out pens...hee hee...tired body = less of an evil mind!
wink.png

May I post that photo again of your sis and your magical egg that she held so proud in her hand. I do know I have had your permission before and I do know I posted it here on this exact thread but at more than 70 pages (whew)...to figure out when that was is just too much for my eager and anxious mind to fathom. Such a photo...always in my mind's eye when I hold them precious gifts the birds bless us all with! That photo is a vision of eternal beauty and bounty, eh.

Well I MUST close for now...I do have to post here more often and yes, yes, the silly Punnett Squares are a ready for the White chook breeding post but I must go. Rick is home and Fixins is bounding around like a pup reminding me she cannot be in TWO places at once...so the family must go have the Saturday morning coffee conversations and hilarities...

I hear Rick rustling around getting a cuppa! He was up at 3 a.m. (his usual work time--I know, insane...I keep telling him to SLEEP IN eh...he shortens his life for that...but he made a funny comment last night...wants the turn down to go back up, busier than he has ever been...gack!) and made coffee and fed Fixins. So now I can go have some morning java with me Hero. I think we hafta make plans today to go visit our Boy...eat his snacks, pester his pets, mess his house up and generally torment him. Alexander tells me he has set up a sound room...so I have to go inspect this musical wonderment he has done up...guitar, drums and banjo. Musical Man...I am so happy he is exploring this aspect of his inner talents...must go...away with moi!
wee.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
I'm pretty sure ice fishing is for insane ppl or men trying desperately to get away from a harpy wife :p

I'm pretty sure ice fishing is for insane ppl or men trying desperately to get away from a harpy wife :p

Certainly is a Canuck pastime up here...can't get more patriotic than the barns with flags and say, this ice fishing hut being stored when not out on the ice.
wink.png

Oh you can do the ice fishing huts up pretty classy...I think this shack looks purdy good!
tongue.png
Not much of a PINK fan but it looks tidy...
lol.png

I watched a foodie show the other day and they were having the most amazing assortment of good eats in Quebec from inside an ice fishing "hut"...even the plates and dishes were amazingly fancy! Put it this way, they had linen napkins...yeh...hold the pinky up, way up!
lau.gif

It is a real thing in the belle province...both these are locations in Quebec, pics above and below!

Not sure where this one is located below...but wow...jest WOW!

This one looks conspicuous because of the satellite dish and the solar panel, eh.
hmm.png

This is it on the inside....
ep.gif

Now that sure is roughing it, eh...
gig.gif

I think in general, most of the shacks are designed to make you think they are not worth robbing...kinda like the persons that drive the rat rods...you never wanna "varoom varoom" beside them at the stop sign--not quite sure what's under the hood and you could end up looking pretty stunned and stpid, eh?

Hmmm...I truly don't think any man would be caught dead with this riggin'....hee hee...
barnie.gif

Sorta like having a PINK lighter...only other women will steal it.
lau.gif

This one tho is my all time fav...
celebrate.gif

Only issue is that I would want it tied down good...a little too stream lined and it blows pretty fierce out on the water, frozen or liquid state. Rick and I use to drive by people swimming to go lake fishing...we had on our floater coats and layers upon layers...yeh, and glad when we were out in the Lund that we did. Burrrrh...

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

I know nothing about ice fishing...what kind of fish do they catch? Just looks too cold for me. I like the hut with the satellite dish and solar panel...looks comfy.

My dear Tara, please do re-post that picture of my lil' Sister in her pretty blue dress, holding the great and wonderful egg of a turkey, oh so many years ago now. That picture is astonishment and pride in all its glory, the glory of the egg that can perform so many things in this world, to feed, to grow a young one...the glory of the egg. Hope you and Hubby went and messed up Son's home, played hard with him, enjoyed his music room to your heart's content and well, just...had a wonderful day. The beauty of the summer is coming, as you will have more time too to play with chooks, ducks, swans, turkeys, dogs, and best of all that man that loves you to the very end of time itself. Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM

Back
Top Bottom