Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Pics
Tara, I wasn't laughing at your egg celebration. I really thought it was wonderful that you could celebrate small treasures. I am just too serious most of the time

That is one of my problems, - I always fall for the BYC April Fool's Day trick, etc. I tend to be very slow on the uptake, and then days later will go "OH, I get that - it was funny."

Maybe I am just so used to friends and family ignoring my minor achievements, that I ignore them too. Whenever I try to talk or show them something, I get cut off with "UH huh" then they change the subject and don't let me get any more words in. That's okay, I discovered that if I talk to myself, no one interrupts me.

Eggs? Of what do you speak?

Bambrook Bantams has been a no-egg-zone for 12 days now. I am having to buy eggs to scramble and feed back to the chickens/chicks; yes I see the irony!
roll.png

The most eggs I have seen around here were the fertile ones I purchased to pop under a broody hen!

Who needs eggs when you can have cuteness?
wink.png

My hubby teases me terribly also but it is all in fun; if he wasn't teasing me I would know that I was in trouble! I believe I can hear his eyes roll at times
roll.png

Please give Fixin's a big cuddle from me xoxo

Regards
Teila

Tara, I wasn't laughing at your egg celebration.  I really thought it was wonderful that you could celebrate small treasures.  I am just too serious most of the time

That is one of my problems,   - I always fall for the BYC April Fool's Day trick, etc. I tend to be very slow on the uptake, and then days later will go  "OH, I get that  - it was funny."

Maybe I am just so used to  friends and family ignoring  my minor achievements,  that I ignore them too.  Whenever I try to talk or show them something, I get cut off with "UH huh"  then they change the subject and don't let me get any more words in.  That's okay,  I discovered  that if I talk to myself, no one interrupts me.

Diva, I think your pretty awesome...
Sometimes those we are close to stop seeing how special we are... But that doesn't change the fact that you are unique and an excelent person...
Celebrate those minor achievements! Minor or not they are yours.
It's a great reason to eat more ice cream ;)

Thank you Henna, actually ice cream is out to get me - I need to lose 35 lbs. or get 6 inches taller, - I do seem to celebrate minor victories like - I didn't touch the ice cream for two days, so therefore I am entitled to eat the full carton at once.

I appreciate your kind words, I should have them recorded on an endless loop to remind myself I'm not so bad.

Thank you Henna, actually ice cream is out to get me - I need to lose 35 lbs. or get 6 inches taller, - I do seem to celebrate minor victories like - I didn't touch the ice cream for two days, so therefore I am entitled to eat the full carton at once.

I appreciate your kind words, I should have them recorded on an endless loop to remind myself I'm not so bad.
But isn't a carton only good for 3 days anyways?
Scott

Hi Tara, glad to be back. I've been out of commisssion for 3 weeks at rehab after a knee replacement. It went stellar and I'm so glad to be home again. Still have to have someone to follow me around so I'm still "handicapped" for a couple of more weeks but it's easy peasy. Yes, a lot of pain but the enjoyment of meeting and making new friends offset it. Hope to be able to stay up to date on the thread. I enjoy it so.
celebrate.gif

Celery

Sauté

Mix with dried cubed bread & spices

Turkey dinner!

April 4

Fixins sorta plays but she don't want to pick up any toys any more. I'm good with that...figure some swelling in her face probably makes biting things unpleasant.

She gets hand fed her food and well, next I will be peeling the grapes...so yeh, palm fronds and soft beds...dog dreams coming true abound, eh!
wink.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennible

Hey Tara can a borrow your tractor?
wink.png

You want me to pimp out my ride? Not jest my ride, my spouse too (inseparable those two items...tractor & Rick, Rick & tractor). Bwa ha ha...amazing what a man and machinery are able to do.
tongue.png

On the fourth...he was doing this for me...

I got to clear out and make ready for the new hay bale...

Fixins got a comfy spot and I got to work...

Once I know she is comfy, I can do a little work​

Forked the last of the bale over the corral panels and tidied it all up...

Fixins napped comfy and I got her so we could go down and tell Rick he could bring the bale up from the other end of the property.

She is good about being out and about...

But when we stop for any length of time.

She needs a good place to have a little rest at. This is the dog igloo I have set up for dogs to wait in.

Checked out how the pasture grass I seeded last fall is doing...now that the snows are melting off.

Purdy greeny under the snows, eh!

Makes all the farting around with the used bedding, composting, tilling and whatnots to seeding pretty favourable!
big_smile.png

Tara, I wasn't laughing at your egg celebration. I really thought it was wonderful that you could celebrate small treasures. I am just too serious most of the time

That is one of my problems, - I always fall for the BYC April Fool's Day trick, etc. I tend to be very slow on the uptake, and then days later will go "OH, I get that - it was funny."

Maybe I am just so used to friends and family ignoring my minor achievements, that I ignore them too. Whenever I try to talk or show them something, I get cut off with "UH huh" then they change the subject and don't let me get any more words in. That's okay, I discovered that if I talk to myself, no one interrupts me.

Being serious is good. I can be serious and hilariously silly too. Do not let anyone hold you back...and if they don't wanna listen, to heck with them...they know not what they miss out on and it is their loss, not yours!
tongue.gif

I talk to myself too...so much so that I once laughed, I think I told this story already here...neighbour swung by on a walk and I was chatting over the fence with them. Rick comes by and ignores us...I say to him, "Say Hello!" and he is taken aback...he thought I was having one of my MANY person to person conversations, with me, myself and I. LMBO

What's that line..."talk to myself because I want an INTELLIGENT conversation?" Bwa ha ha...
gig.gif

I know you weren't laughing at me eggers DD...

I like to tease...all good natured teasing...so I get to TEASE YOU!

"Hey, hey...MY eggs are important...eh?"
lau.gif

Took me a bit, but I have come into my own and now every day is a DAY to be rejoiced over and celebrated...it is a big thing just be having a day...a day that I decide!
big_smile.png

Each little success is joyous...

And not every success comes easy!​

Makes it worth doing, eh.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Eggs? Of what do you speak?

Bambrook Bantams has been a no-egg-zone for 12 days now. I am having to buy eggs to scramble and feed back to the chickens/chicks; yes I see the irony!
roll.png

The most eggs I have seen around here were the fertile ones I purchased to pop under a broody hen!

Who needs eggs when you can have cuteness?
wink.png

My hubby teases me terribly also but it is all in fun; if he wasn't teasing me I would know that I was in trouble! I believe I can hear his eyes roll at times
roll.png

Please give Fixin's a big cuddle from me xoxo

Regards
Teila

Oh my...SHAME on you...that is major CUTEness...should be made illegal and with WARNINGs posted...no looky...too cute!
ep.gif

Nice to hear you get teased (and tormented too). Bloomin' brats!
rant.gif

Lots of big cuddles for the Fix...lots of hugs and cuddles and rubies and love...
love.gif

She got to hang out with Dad...go on walk-abouts...and then because it was Easter we celebrated yesterday...there was a BIG surprise in store for her... BIG happiness!

THE BOY!

She was getting MANhandled all over the place...and sucking it all in!

She is SO tired today...just zonked WAY right out...had WAY too much fun yesterday...boy, oh boy did she have fun.

Laughed at the kid...has not seen her in person and he exclaims..."Oh lookit, she's a UNICORN!"
barnie.gif

What a brat...him and the Old Man...total brats!

Did not stop me from making the boy a cake...his birthday to celebrate...usually get to have Easter AND his b-day celebrated the same day when he comes on the weekend to visit.

Hmm...reminiscent of Rick's cake...but this one had sprinkles...hee hee...rainbow of sprinkles!

I'm a little CAKED out at the moment...
lol.png

Diva, I think your pretty awesome...
Sometimes those we are close to stop seeing how special we are... But that doesn't change the fact that you are unique and an excelent person...
Celebrate those minor achievements! Minor or not they are yours.
It's a great reason to eat more ice cream
wink.png

I think DD is awesome too.

DD, there are lots of people that LOVE to listen to you...no worries! WE all can set ourselves up to be under valued...I would not count in a high falooting world...where what you appear like, what state your clothes are, what jewlery you own means something...all that glitzy crapola--I like nice things but I hope I am not shallow or vain about looking like I am important. Appearances are most deceiving and I am just as happy cleaned up and smelling presentable as I am in chore clothes covered in an assortment of animal plops. Value is more than skin deep and we know what a GREAT person you are DD...where it counts too!

To each their own!
hugs.gif

Negative thoughts can eat you alive. WE love you DD...and we are the only ones that matter...right?
lol.png

hugs.gif
diva
There is always frozen yogurt....

Hmm...frozen yoghurt...I like that better than ice cream!
smile.png

But isn't a carton only good for 3 days anyways?
Scott

Rick would concur! He use to swing by the grocery on the way home from work to get ice cream on sale. The ladies all around would be all a twitter..."Lookit, man with cartons of ice cream! Must need help emptying those containers!"
tongue.png

It is not after shave lotion or a fine suit...it is the ice cream container us wives have to worry about drawing in the unwanted attentions for other women!
roll.png

Hi Tara, glad to be back. I've been out of commisssion for 3 weeks at rehab after a knee replacement. It went stellar and I'm so glad to be home again. Still have to have someone to follow me around so I'm still "handicapped" for a couple of more weeks but it's easy peasy. Yes, a lot of pain but the enjoyment of meeting and making new friends offset it. Hope to be able to stay up to date on the thread. I enjoy it so.
celebrate.gif

Ouch...good timing though I expect...pull thru the pain and do more work on the knee and well golly, springish timing. I would be more upset to be down and held stable as the season of winter wanes and get's lost.

Good for you...hoping good as new or improved...LOL
hugs.gif

Linda, we're glad you are back too.
wee.gif

X2!

Rick is home early and we can have lunch...turkey dinner leftovers..."Oh Fixins...got some warmed up pour vous too!" Yum...

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Back
Top Bottom