1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jinx breed question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jencp, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jencp

jencp Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Meet Jinx. I now assume this lovely bird is a he, but I have no idea of the breed so I'm not sure. I ordered six sexed chicks, four of which were specific breeds and two were to come from the rare breeds. Ida is a RIR named after my grandmother, Buffy is the buff brahma, Coco (Chanel or Puff depending on who you ask) is the Cochin, Georgia is a Salmon Faverolles, and Bernice is the other random one, and white with black ruff and black tail feathers. The others are definitely girls, but Jinx challenges them, puffing up especially at Ida. I have a couple photos with the others to show relative size and coloring. I've paged through all sorts of breeds and I'm at a loss. They were hatched May 23. The photos are from today. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Welsummer cockerel

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

4. jencp

jencp Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Thanks. He keeps getting prettier and prettier! I wish roosters didn't crow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by