JMF Golden Layer Quail

Timothy Menezes

Songster
6 Years
Nov 27, 2017
Monterey, California
https://kcquailfarm.com/product/golden-hatching-eggs/

Has anybody tried these? I'd like to know your take on this variety whether you have had them or not.

I believe they were developed by JMF and distributed by KCQF. They are not Jumbo's, but are supposed to be excellent layers of 12 to 14 gram eggs, and have been breed for extra pretty / glossy eggshells. They are also supposed to have an a very calm disposition.

I'll copy their description below.

"JMF GOLDEN LAYER COTURNIX EGGS– MANCHURIA GOLDEN/FAWN – Standard size Golden – “Golden Layer” line – 8-10 ounces on average at full maturity / Egg production line produces 12-14 gram eggs on average – some of the eggs have a very glossy caramel glazing color – this line is perfect for farms looking for a egg color and pattern that can be used as a market identifier such as “Organic” eggs – The birds are excellent layers and very docile – This line was developed using only egg color and pattern selection culling with a spiral breeding program of Manchuria Golden & Italian so adult plumage color will vary slightly."

https://kcquailfarm.com/product/golden-hatching-eggs/

Has anybody tried these? I'd like to know your take on this variety whether you have had them or not.

I believe they were developed by JMF and distributed by KCQF. They are not Jumbo's, but are supposed to be excellent layers of 12 to 14 gram eggs, and have been breed for extra pretty / glossy eggshells. They are also supposed to have an a very calm disposition.

I'll copy their description below.

"JMF GOLDEN LAYER COTURNIX EGGS– MANCHURIA GOLDEN/FAWN – Standard size Golden – “Golden Layer” line – 8-10 ounces on average at full maturity / Egg production line produces 12-14 gram eggs on average – some of the eggs have a very glossy caramel glazing color – this line is perfect for farms looking for a egg color and pattern that can be used as a market identifier such as “Organic” eggs – The birds are excellent layers and very docile – This line was developed using only egg color and pattern selection culling with a spiral breeding program of Manchuria Golden & Italian so adult plumage color will vary slightly."

Can’t speak to the breed but I can speak to KCQF. Just picked up 35 JMF Jumbo Pharaoh. Healthy chicks. Awesome place. Great customer service.

Thank you guys so much, I like to research something thoroughly and value you guys sharing your knowledge. I learned about JMF's premium quality quail and KCQ Farm from you all.

I would love to hear any experiences you have had with quail from JMF or KCQF. The 2 quail I narrowed it down to are the Golden Layers and the JMF jumbo. Originally I was going with the Jumbo's.

But as eggs are the primary consideration, and meat merely a side benefit I am leaning towards the Golden. Especially since they are supposedly so well mannered.

Definitely go golden layer (imo). Still feather sexable but bred to put energy into eggs vs. body size. Jumbos have bigger eggs but lay less frequently. Wouldn't bother with then except as a BBQ operation ;)

Back
Top Bottom