JN8-48 Incubator - Do they use quail racks?

LyrebirdJacki

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Darwin Australia
Hello,

I own a JN8-48 semi-automatic incubator and it works wonderfully; a lot better than my first incubator being the covatutto 24 eco, which when I bought it never had the auto turner included even though it said it was included on the box.

My issue is that no matter where I look, I can't seem to find any information on whether they stock quail racks for the auto turner. Or if you can put the quail eggs in the chicken sized racks (they just look too big to put the quail eggs in) without them falling out when it turns. Would it just be safer to not use the turner at all? I've had successful coturnix hatches in the JN8-48 without using the turner, but I want to try the egg turner.

Do hovabator quail racks fit into the JN8-48 incubators? The racks look to be the same design as the chicken ones that my incubator has, but I have no idea if it will fit or not. I also don't want to buy the racks to find out they don't fit my incubator since it would be a waste.

Any ideas guys?

Jacki

They definatly do look similar, even the joint that fits into the frame looks the same (the zig-zag on the ends).

I currently have my bobwhite eggs pointy end down in the chicken racks (48 egg incubator for chickens, without the racks I can fit a whole lot more easily). Is having them pointy end down fine for this? Or should I have them laying on their sides? Or even adding cotton under each egg for a bit of cushioning (and so they are a bit more stable). And can I, or should I add more than one egg per egg cup? I've read on a few similar threads that some people try this, but don't say that it works.

I normally only ever manually turn my quail eggs, and have only used the auto turner for chickens and ducks.

I would say like you mentioned putting a little cotton or what they call fiber fill in the cups to make the egg rest in the cup. The fiber fill you can get most of the time in the crafts department at wal-mart. Also if you could get some close-ups of the end pins and measure the length of the rack someone could help see if they are the same.

Back
Top Bottom