job offer !! , I need your advice!** UPDATE ** pg 3

Ol'FashionHen

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
The South
I currently work part time making around $250 a week. I have been here for a little over 1 year. Most of the time I just wait for the phone to ring. The busiest time is billing week. There is a lot to remember that needs to be done on a daily basis and not on daily basis ect. (plenty of paperwork to keep up with ) The most stressful part is I have 3 bosses, one says this, the other says "no, do this" etc. without communicating with the other two. So I cry about twice a week and have panic attacks cause I'm scared I didn't do something right. Bosses are usually nice and all but sometimes
barnie.gif
.. I won't go into full detail. As most folks know I really...really want a job at our local library and all the ladies there want me to work with them as well. Anyway the supervisor (Bea
wink.png
) and I were talking yesturday ( I have known her for 10 years now) and she said it would be at least another 9 months before they do any hiring there again and was wondering if I would be interested or if I knew someone who would be interested in watching her grandchildren for her daughter. Her daughter is a teacher and her mil was watching the kids and no longer is able too. She was paying her mil $200 a week, but would be willing to pay more if someone could come to her home and watch the kids ( boy age 3, and girl age 1 ) . The hours and days are the same as school and she said daughter will not mind if I use her computer while the children nap (
big_smile.png
BYC time ). Now ....here comes the advice part ...I will be working more hours and I would suggest $250 a week, is that too much, or is it a fair nanny price?
I love children and have no problem with being a nanny. I do like to be home as much as possible, but then I would be off in the summer, spring break etc., all same as school
ya.gif
, and my DH makes more money in the summer than winter and I would be working during the winter ( current job I get laid off for winter ). But then I worry if Bea's daughter does not like me then it may hurt my chance of receiving a job at the library with her. But then I really can't imagine her not liking me, especially if she is like her mother
love.gif
. Bea said she would like for me to watch the kids and she still wants me to work at the library. I truely see it as an honor that she would even think of me to watch her grandchildren, Bea is a wonderful Christian lady that I adore and hold her close to my heart.
My DH thinks I should watch the children because he knows children bring me joy and I am always wanting to take care of everyone and there is no stress in it for me, at least for this up coming school year. So less stress, same money, more hours. What do you all think?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Sweetie, re-read what you just wrote. I think you know in your heart of hearts what it is you already want to do. After reading your post, it sounded awfully clear to me. In this day and age, we all could use a little less stress. Who knows, this could possibly open up doors for you that you've not thought of yet.... nothing ventured, nothing gained!
thumbsup.gif

Go for it! I've had those stressed-out-pulled-in-too-many-different-directions-at-once jobs, and they're awful! Any job that brings you to tears on a regular basis isn't worth it. And if you can make the same money doing something you enjoy . . .
thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif
I also put in a vote for, GO for it!! Less stress - summers off - 3 year old and 1 year old, good ages to deal with - they still take naps - could still take library job later. Yup, this one sounds like a winner to me!

As far as asking for more money, I honestly don't know current prices for child care. Perhaps someone else will have some advice on that.

Thanks for the replies. I wonder on the price as well. I would have to drive about 20 miles to her home ( gas going up). I would be there around 8 1/2 hours a day so
hu.gif
... anybody!

I left a high end salon/spa to work in a chicken hatchery for a fraction of the money. Yes, I'm a better person for it even though I'm not bringing home near what I did. Even my hubsters says I'm a completely different animal!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom