John Tesh and Donny Osmond are helping keep my chickens safe

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by yinzerchick, Sep 26, 2011.

1. yinzerchick

yinzerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    E.Texas
    I know this is sooo silly, but here goes. About a month ago I started playing a radio out in my run, I finally settled on Sunny 106, a top 40 station. John Tesh has a radio show on in the AM, and Donny Osmond has one in the PM. They both play music, but they talk pretty much too. I turn it on when I open the coop in the morning and leave it on all day till I shut them up at night. I keep it loud enough to hear around the run and just outside of it.
    Since I've put it out there, I haven't had a single predator scare. [​IMG] The chickens free range all over during the day, and use to spend alot of time in the barn, but now they seem to be hanging out in the run and surrounding areas more. They all started laying too! I would swear they like having it on! Just hoping the predators don't get use to it![​IMG]
    So, thank you John Tesh and Donny Osmond for helping me keep my chickens safe and happy! (and apparently entertained too!)
    Now if I could just get them to help me clean up the coop and run daily....[​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

4. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Nice! [​IMG]

5. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I use to be a Donny Osmond Teeny Bopper Fan, wayyyyyy back when. [​IMG]

6. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    I have actually heard of people using radios in their gardens at night to keep the coons and deer (and other pests) away from their corn and tomatoes, etc. None of them ever used fences and none of them ever had a problem. [​IMG]

7. Moonkit

Moonkit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Richardson, Texas
    I suppose the idea is that the predators hear "humans" talking and avoid the area for the same reason most prefer to flee when they see you?

8. henpeckedmuch

henpeckedmuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Dairy farmers use a radio in the barn. I'm told Milk production increases when music is played regulary.
    I've also noticed that when I can't pay as much attention to my chickens and visit them several times in a day they don't seem to lay as many eggs. I don't know it is me not being as attentive or some other consideration like the weather though.

9. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Quote:Donny Osmond and John Tesh music is not "cleaning music". I bet some Metallica would have them scraping poop boards, raking the bedding, AND cranking out 3 eggs a day (each)! [​IMG]

10. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

I [​IMG] Donny Osmond. Have since I was 9 or 10 yrs old. He is so funny on shows like DWTS and Fear Factor. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by