Join DUCK Club!

Pics
Hi! I’m a new duck owner, my 7 mixed bunch are now almost 6 weeks old. I hatched them from eggs sold as food and 3 hatched from Blue Runner and 4 hatched from Pekin. The drakes she had around were Cayuga, Khaki Campbell, Pekin and Rouen. I can only guess at their mix. I admit, I had no clue what I was getting into and was 100% not prepared for how messy they are and how fast they grow. Mine have been sleeping in the garage at night and I put them in the pond through the day. We don’t have their coop built yet and our nights are still quite cold (2°C). We herd them at night, the pond is big and they never want to come in! We will build them outdoor shelter this weekend.

Here they are this morning: Waddles, Webster, Walter, Stanley, Eddie, Tyrone and Viper.

588F9EFE-5F5C-4AFB-9342-76E1F025D901.jpeg

Stanley had wry neck but it has improved significantly over the last week.
62DA7598-89AF-4241-B948-41A3EC1CF8B7.jpeg

Webster - Thinking Pekin/Cayuga??
5D4D511A-35FD-4056-9551-F25C55DFA3DE.jpeg

Viper and Tyrone in the back. I believe pekin/rouen and runner/rouen. Webster and Eddie in the front.
764D547F-0F36-4EDC-9D8A-91D7D9E3BF19.jpeg 05D2508D-1B41-4BF1-9156-9DCFAF9A1BEA.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi! I’m a new duck owner, my 7 mixed bunch are now almost 6 weeks old. I hatched them from eggs sold as food and 3 hatched from Blue Runner and 4 hatched from Pekin. The drakes she had around were Cayuga, Khaki Campbell, Pekin and Rouen. I can only guess at their mix. I admit, I had no clue what I was getting into and was 100% not prepared for how messy they are and how fast they grow. Mine have been sleeping in the garage at night and I put them in the pond through the day. We don’t have their coop built yet and our nights are still quite cold (2°C). We herd them at night, the pond is big and they never want to come in! We will build them outdoor shelter this weekend.

Here they are this morning: Waddles, Webster, Walter, Stanley, Eddie, Tyrone and Viper.

View attachment 2665041

Stanley had wry neck but it has improved significantly over the last week.
View attachment 2665042

Webster - Thinking Pekin/Cayuga??
View attachment 2665043

Viper and Tyrone in the back. I believe pekin/rouen and runner/rouen. Webster and Eddie in the front.
View attachment 2665045View attachment 2665048
All your ducks are literally so beautiful ❤️

I absolutely love them and would love to see more pictures of them in the future. I am a sucker for duck pics 😂🥰

I can’t get the humidity higher than 70% I’ve Filled the water tray all the way up..and I’ve got a soaked tea towel and soaked sponge in the incubator it’s self…there’s a done of condensation in the inside of the lid… so I’m hoping it’s higher than what the bator is reading at…need to buy a humidity reader thingy…

Back
Top Bottom