Join DUCK Club!

Pics
Hello to all, I am new at this so if I do not do it correctly please tell me. Daisy is a very sweet Pekin duck, anyone live in the UP Michigan? I am trying to find a good home for her. She is one year old and I am having difficulty keeping the other two ducks from hurting her. Funny thing is a drake named Scrooge was beating up all the others, I was able to re-home him. Now, Daisy is being bullied and I really would like her to be safe and happy. As a new duck mom, I don't know how much to interact. Makes me very sad.

Hello to all, I am new at this so if I do not do it correctly please tell me. Daisy is a very sweet Pekin duck, anyone live in the UP Michigan? I am trying to find a good home for her. She is one year old and I am having difficulty keeping the other two ducks from hurting her. Funny thing is a drake named Scrooge was beating up all the others, I was able to re-home him. Now, Daisy being bullied and I really would like her to be safe and happy. As a new duck mom, I don't know how much to interact. Makes me very sad.
aww she sounds so sweet. i wish i could take her, i live in michigan but unfortunately 5 is my limit since my ducks are just pets. maybe try posting in the michigan thread?

Can someone tell me if this swedish blue is a girl or boy ? Born may 3 2021 thanks
20210620_170046.jpg
20210620_170040.jpg

Billie.PNG

My duck Billie was being raised by a chicken till the chicken got bored. The the other hens beat Billie when she was about 3 weeks old. currently she is by herself with a mirror. She will go back out when she is bigger, but also when I introduce younger pullets. So she will not be the odd one out.

Can someone tell me if this swedish blue is a girl or boy ? Born may 3 2021 thanksView attachment 2727196View attachment 2727195
You should be able to tell by sound better. If it quacks, it is a female; rasps, it is a male. Males are hard to hear over the noise of females. Once you hear the two in person, it's obvious who is who. Videos don't always illustrate it well. They also technically have a couple more weeks for their voice to change, if they haven't already. They should be molting soon and getting their adult feathers. If it is a male, the tail curl should appear when that happens

I am not sure with male swedish ducks, but they may get a yellowed beak. It doesn't look like that, so I would also guess it is a female.

It is a very beautiful blue Swedish.

Males have the curly tail feather… females don’t… easiest way to tell….

Attachments

• DDF75016-DEC6-4278-9F27-FCE1446DB668.jpeg
    DDF75016-DEC6-4278-9F27-FCE1446DB668.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
  • B19F4AF2-6600-487B-B17E-02E4A0ED9A7D.jpeg
    B19F4AF2-6600-487B-B17E-02E4A0ED9A7D.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom