Joining from Texas

jennifer6jc

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 28, 2011
West Texas
Hi,

My name is Jennifer... I have 30 + chickens..I know for sure 9 of them are Ameraucana's and the others are mixed .... I want to start getting my 4 boys into showing chickens here at the South Plains Fair. (ages 7,5,4,and 2) I missed it this year but there is a spring show comming up I would like to get them entered into. I for sure want to show the ameraucanas and looking for some silkies..(the reason for the silkies is I think we would have an advantage because there were none entered this year)If you have any advice you could share on showing or where to get show quality chicks it would be greatly appreciated... I plan on hatching some ameraucanas and Just need to get me a small flock of silkies so I can hatch them too...

I also raise dairy goats, have 2 llamas, 2 sheep (that were bottle raised) and a calf.. then there are the dogs, cats, and guinea pigs... My own little petting zoo..
big_smile.png

Have a great day and happy egg hunting...

Jennifer
cool.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Check out the Buy, Sell and Trade auctions. Click on Index, auctions are near the bottom of the thread lists. Do you incubate?? Always a lot of great deals on Hatching eggs!!

Last edited:
I have been scoping out the eggs for hatching.. thinking I need to get me a 12+ of silkies and 12+ ameraucana eggs.. Just waiting on pay day.. lol... it is horrible how obsessed I am becoming with chicks.. hoping to find some good quality hatching eggs that might win shows here for my boys.. but even if they dont win they are still winners to us..
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from MS
I am new as well, and silkies are my favorite! I currently have 3 silky hens, 1 white, 1 blue and 1 buff, and a calico silky rooster, they are only 6 months old so waiting on them to start laying so I can increase my silky flock, I have been wanting to show my silkies too but I can't find hardly anywhere to show them and I just missed our fair. Well good luck, hope you find some silkies to show!

Hi from Kansas, Jennifer and
welcome-byc.gif
. Wow! That's quite a flock you have going there! I think it's great that you are getting your boys involved at an early age - it will stick with them! Best of luck to you!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom