Jonny Anvil's.... "The Broowery" Brooder (still in progress)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jonny Anvil, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share some pics and info on our Brooder house.... I like to call "The Broowery" [​IMG]

So it all started out with a 10x10 shed package from Totem.
    Built the shed on two 12ft 4x4 skid posts cut both end like skis. If i want to I can pull the whole setup behind the 3/4 ton [​IMG]:

Power is run to the Coop and we have a 4 way split with a kill switch we also found at Totem that works great, you will see the yellow power box in the pics.

Once the shed was complete and in place I decided to section it off into three areas, two 5x6 brooders one fully enclosed as we breed pheasants, and one open (still needs to be completed) and then a 4x10 storage area.
    The enclosed brooder has a pop door leading out side but is currently sealed up. There is an additional 8x8 outdoor enclosure that is attached to that same side... The Dark side [​IMG]

On the Dark Side, we have our Pheasant chicks currently at 3 weeks old, outside neighbours are our older pheasant chicks. Over on the light side we have the Light Sussex Chicks.... LOL (sussex = left side / Pheasants= enclosed right side)

Here are some pics

[​IMG]
    Chain link gate adds some protection from certain predators... but we close the doors at night to be safe.
    Their food is all stored in plastic stack-able bins you can see behind the chain link fence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Light Side

[​IMG]
    The Dark Side

[​IMG]
    The Outside...

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Very very nice! You are gonna have very happy chickens!

3. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Jonny- really nice- I would love a set up like that!

4. Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks,

we just moved our Light Sussex out and into the "Deuce Coop" and moved in our 3 week old Buff Orpingtons and our 3 day old Light Sussex, Barred Rocks, RiR's and New Hampshire Reds into the Left hand Side of the Brooder.

The Pheasant chicks will be coming out soon and into a new pen in the coming weeks.
    Been building lots and running low on time and funds now...

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it.

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by