Jubilee Orpringtons and other colors?

Angelfire

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Texas
I had no idea these existed. I only knew of Buff, Black and White Orps. I found a breeder in the UK who carries show quality Orps in the Cuckoo, Crele, Legbar, Golden Laced, Silver Laced, Chocolate, Splash and Jubilee.
I WILL get some of these eggs if it is the last thing I do. Lets pray she ships to the US
fl.gif
Unless they are somewhere in the United States? I have not found anyone here with them yet.
I'll have to set aside some serious money for the eggs, however. They all seem to be very expensive.

Wish me luck, and if all goes well, I'll have a good breeding stock so I can share with others!

I do wish you luck.
big_smile.png

Unfortunately, there are some colors in Europe that we can't yet get here in the U.S.. Bringing them here is expensive, but there are people interested in doing so who hopefully will be selling them in a few years. Alternatively, there are breeders here who are working on creating their own lines of certain colors.

We can always hope that it's sooner, rather than later for the ones we want.

Someone on here is working on Jubilee orps, but can't remember her name at the moment. Don't know if she is selling eggs yet, but you might do a search.

Quote:
your welcome--I got some of two eggs as a bonus and hatched them out but sold the babies to a friend up the road-I will see the one pullet that hatched to see how she grew up:)

Quote:
I think that you are going to find it hard to get eggs shipped into the US.
After the breeder gets inspected, Vet bills for testing the parent stock, shipping, permits and quarantine you will have a ton of money in a dozen eggs.
Then there is no guarantee that the egg will make it through quarantine and still hatch...
If you do a little research on shipping birds/ eggs into the us I think you will find that there is a lot more to it then finding a breeder...
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/poultry_eggs.shtml

Legbar's are a breed of chicken and not a color.. Legbars are a cross of a Leghorn and a Barred Rock..

Chris

Last edited:
The UK variety's are working their way here one way or another. Whether it is someone TRYING to make that look here in the USA or someone going the nine yards and doing it legally which does involve parent stock flock gettin tested in the UK, no quarrentining of eggs though. BUT, IF I was a European, and seeing how many are anxious over the Avian Flu, I wouldn't want anyone to go near my birds. It is a very difficult task. Almost better just going over there and buying birds, quarrentining them there and here. Then you don't have to worry about shipping killing the eggs, just the birds. lololol
And even then, I'd just assume wait and let someone else bring them in, not do the project right, and wait for the gene to slip out in some lousy birds, then start my project. That is what happened to the Lavs, and now you will be seeing these Coronation Sussex, Lemon Cuckoo's. Just wait 2 or 3 years and see what is out there to play with. And it won't require an arm and leg to get either. Patience is best. Especially for my wallet. lololol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom