Jubilee Orrington rooster cross too

honorkt

Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
hello folks
I have jubilee orp. rooster and penalty of hens ( plymouth rock, buff sussex, white jersey, copper marans)

I love my jubilee and i would like to cross it to one of those breeds which one recommend and any idea of chicks color,,,,

buff sussex so far look like Orpington,

thank you

I love my jubilee and i would like to cross it to one of those breeds which one recommend and any idea of chicks color,,,,
I do not know which one would be best.

For chick color:

You don't say what color "Plymouth Rock," so I'll make a guess.
Jubilee Orpington father, Barred Plymouth Rock mother will give black female chicks, and male chicks that are black with white or yellow dots on the tops of their heads. The males will grow feathers that are black with white barring, like what their mother has, while the females just grow black feathers. Males and females may show some red, gold, or white leakage in various places as they mature.

Jubilee Orpington father, Buff Sussex mother, it sounds like you already know the answer to that appearance.

Jubilee Orpington father, White Jersey mother will probably give black chicks. There is a chance of getting white chicks instead, depending on exactly what genes are causing the white in the Jersey hen (several genes can make a chicken white, and they behave differently in crosses.)

Jubilee Orpington father, Copper Marans mother will give chicks that probably look much like the Copper Marans, but they may have more gold/copper color than their mother does. If the Marans hen lay very dark brown eggs, her daughters may that are a darker brown than the eggs laid by daughters from the other crosses. The daughters will probably not lay eggs quite as dark as their mother does.

I do not know which one would be best.

For chick color:

You don't say what color "Plymouth Rock," so I'll make a guess.
Jubilee Orpington father, Barred Plymouth Rock mother will give black female chicks, and male chicks that are black with white or yellow dots on the tops of their heads. The males will grow feathers that are black with white barring, like what their mother has, while the females just grow black feathers. Males and females may show some red, gold, or white leakage in various places as they mature.

Jubilee Orpington father, Buff Sussex mother, it sounds like you already know the answer to that appearance.

Jubilee Orpington father, White Jersey mother will probably give black chicks. There is a chance of getting white chicks instead, depending on exactly what genes are causing the white in the Jersey hen (several genes can make a chicken white, and they behave differently in crosses.)

Jubilee Orpington father, Copper Marans mother will give chicks that probably look much like the Copper Marans, but they may have more gold/copper color than their mother does. If the Marans hen lay very dark brown eggs, her daughters may that are a darker brown than the eggs laid by daughters from the other crosses. The daughters will probably not lay eggs quite as dark as their mother does.
super.. you been helpfull.. i guess ill go with barred plymouth rock hens.. maybe buff sussex too... appreciate you

Back
Top Bottom