Jumbo Pekins with constant watery poop.

Barbara Borgeld

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 26, 2017
My 2 Jumbo Pekin ducks will be 9 weeks old tomorrow and they are huge, one of them a good deal bigger than the other, both girlies. Is it normal for them to literally 'squirt' when they poop? Sometimes in the morning when I open their little coop there will be soft formed poops but for the whole rest of the day they poop a creamy water and you can hear them squirt 20 feet away. My farmer friend says that is not normal. That's all I have ever really seen them do and it's pretty constant. I keep a very clean yard, refresh their water several times a day along with their food. I started out with a very high quality organic duck food with the added things that ducks need and have switched to a flock raiser crumble. Nothing has changed from one food to the next....still watery. I use the brewers yeast with garlic powder for the first feed of the day and add about a 1/3 cup of whole oatmeal to keep the protein content down. Can someone help?

If it’s not normal than my 20 waterfowl have something wrong with them. Mine can poop formed and watery and both are normal. Ducks drink so much water that is what makes their poop so watery. They need water to eat so it food=water=poop. As long as they are eating good and eyes are bright and they are acting normal nothing to worry about!

Post a picture if you want, but right now, in most places, it's very hot and the ducks are going to be drinking more water then they are eating feed, in effect, causing a more liquid type poop.

Post a picture if you want, but right now, in most places, it's very hot and the ducks are going to be drinking more water then they are eating feed, in effect, causing a more liquid type poop.
As I like to say, they are water fowl that produce foul water. *mic drop*
🦆💦

Attachments

• 1B1C1B9C-BFED-4476-968D-3BC05A13BC50.jpeg
    1B1C1B9C-BFED-4476-968D-3BC05A13BC50.jpeg
    585 KB · Views: 12
If it’s not normal than my 20 waterfowl have something wrong with them. Mine can poop formed and watery and both are normal. Ducks drink so much water that is what makes their poop so watery. They need water to eat so it food=water=poop. As long as they are eating good and eyes are bright and they are acting normal nothing to worry about!
Whew!!! Thank you so much.

Thank you. That makes sense. I hope things will be a little different in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom