June 4th. Time to incubate the next group.

JDVess

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Shelby, N.C.
Well. Hit the auction tonight. Bought some eggs. 8 dozen eggs accually. lol. A mix of red comet and buffs. Im adding to them the americana, games, and bannies I have been saving up for the past week. Luckily I still have a few extra trays in the incubator left for the next few weeks worth of eggs! lol. Wish me luck. No telling about the 8 dozen I got at the auction or how this incubator is going to work.

Im eventually going to set up four individual incubators and have clutches separated by week in each one so i will have weekly hatches. I dont really do chickens (unless my mom requests it which she has now requested bantams), I do ducks, pheasants, chukar and butler bobwhites. I have one clutch hatching on the 8th of chukar, quail and pheasants, then the ducks are due on the 12th. After that i get to start all over again with the bantams. LOL! Im gonna be overrun with baby birds!

My eventual plan is to have flying mallards, mandarin ducks, wood ducks, hooded mergansers and widgeons. All in their individual flights of course.
The pheasants i want are ringneck and melanistics, along with my chukar and giant bobwhites.. Thats my Eventual plan, lol, right now i just have my mallards, pheasants, chukar and bobs.. half way there right?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom