June to July hatch-a-long!!!

Well, now it is Sunday! Only a few days to go for Azul and her big nest of eggs... I am getting nervous now... Have urge to put some of them in the incubator so they will be safe... And chicks can be returned to mom after hatch... I am thinking that is 2 weeks worth of eggs from my 2 EE hens. When she gets off the nest today I think I will use my stethoscope to see if I hear any noise in them. Also listening to hear if she is talking to them at all...

She is so beautiful! Good luck! We are on day 18 with our first broody and first hatch. She’s been a little flighty and not on her nest all the time since it’s been hot, everyone is anxious and nervous.

She is so beautiful! Good luck! We are on day 18 with our first broody and first hatch. She’s been a little flighty and not on her nest all the time since it’s been hot, everyone is anxious and nervous.
Yes, I know that feeling! Good luck with your first hatch! :fl:jumpy Wishing and hoping they will all be hopping out of those shells soon!...

Well I set my eggs last night and went to check on them this morning and something got in my coop a d ate the eggs:th:hit know I dont know what to do:(

That happened to me so the new clutch that my hen is sitting on I brought her and the eggs in and they are in a storage tube with a towel over the top, food and water are provided inside tote! I didn't know what else to do to keep them safe:confused:
15627245625818036558204584145376.jpg

That happened to me so the new clutch that my hen is sitting on I brought her and the eggs in and they are in a storage tube with a towel over the top, food and water are provided inside tote! I didn't know what else to do to keep them safe:confused:
View attachment 1840390
Thank you for the idea:) I think i am going to have to do this. What do you do about the other hens and the pecking order? Do you put her outside ever day? Do the hens remember her

I have six hatchlings! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy Mom has abandoned the nest, I collected the remaining eggs and in the incubator "just in case"... But I think this is probably it, but I am happy to have some new EE's. Maybe I'll go to the feed store and collect a few extras... Some nice red ones...Or maybe wait until tomorrow, they might have a new shipment then, since it is Thursday. Yay!!!:celebrate Now to keep them safe. I have all the cats locked in the house for today, they won'T go out. Tonight to the new coop.:fl With any luck, all will be well.

Thank you for the idea:) I think i am going to have to do this. What do you do about the other hens and the pecking order? Do you put her outside ever day? Do the hens remember her

I haven't ran into that problem yet but I have a smaller coop with a run that I will probably try putting her in with her chicks! She just stays in the storage tote and she doesn't try to ever escape the only reason I put a towel over the tote is because my dog kept putting his head in looking at her and it made her mad! I'm planning to put her outside after a week of the babies being born!

Last edited:
I had 2 chicks supposed to start hatching today! One of the eggs the momma stepped on the eggs and cracked it and it bled to death. :hit:hit:hitThe other egg just pipped!!:wee*Graphics pic warning* 20190710_212720.jpg 20190710_170945.jpg

Back
Top Bottom