Juno's First Egg~~Funky shell

DoctorGoose

Songster
12 Years
Jul 27, 2007
Woodinville,WA
Well, I think Juno laid her first egg today (She's a BR, born July 3rd). I couldn't find her this evening when I went to put up the rest of the chickens, found her down in the wash rack with TWO eggs--both of them with a semi-shell. The strangest eggs I've ever seen--they were transparent, pink, and crackly to pick up--kinda like dried toothpaste on a sweater. She seems fine, and I caught her and brought her back up to the coop, and showed her where the oyster shell was--and she attacked my fingers with the oyster shell!
th.gif
Strange chick, that one.

So, is it possible for her to have laid BOTH eggs? They weren't attached or anything--or is it possible that she and her hatch mate, Jupiter, started laying on the same day, with the same kind of shell?

Last edited:
Hmmmm.............that's a pretty tough question......

I think it's Juno and Jupiter that have laid those eggs.........it's normal for first-time layings to be irregular. Some first eggs even don't have yolks! Their eggs will get normal soon after the upcoming layings. Yep, it's probably the two because I never heard of a hen lay 2 eggs at the same time, although it might be possible.......
hmm.png

Congratulations on the eggs!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom