Just 1 last thing, and it didn't happen.

Tasha1981

Songster
Jul 9, 2015
Gonzales Louisiana
Ok,where do I start? Beginning, I guess.
Four years ago I left my husband. I had no intention on getting a divorce because I had no intention on getting remarried. Well, all that would soon change. 14 months ago I met a wonderful man. After a few months of dating he asked me to marry him. I laughed and offered him the best I could at the moment,him moving in with me and my two sons.
That was October of last year. He promptly moved in November of 2014. It was great, but it wasn't enough. He still wanted me to be his wife. So I filed for divorce. All of a sudden my husband wanted custody of my boys. Last month I went to court.
The judge told me no overnight guests of the opposite sex not related by blood or marriage. This man has lived here for months, my sons have a Dad, so they chose to call my boyfriend Papa Slim, Slim is a lifelong nickname of his. So when he had to leave it crushed both my boys and me, I felt horrible for putting both my boys and my boyfriend in this situation. I was feeling like a horrible Mom, to hurt them that bad. BTW my boys are 9 and 13, so old enough to understand everything. They blamed their father, I was quick to try to get the blame on myself and the law, as much as I dislike their father I do my best to keep ill words about him out of both my and my families mouth. He is their father.
So since the 24th of August he has been coming home after work, eating supper, talking a shower then promptly leaving at 8:30 to go sleep at my Mothers' new boyfriend house, repeating daily. Yesterday, I was awarded a divorce. My lawyer knows how much Slim and I love each other, so he asked me if I was ready for Slim to come back home. I asked how? He walked Slim, my mother, and myself next door to the court filing office asked for a certified copy of my divorce papers. Once it was in his hand he told me to marry my man and get him home.
I was shocked, I didn't have everything to get my marriage license, but Slim did! He brought my birth certificate with him, he knew what was happening.
In a matter of 4 hours I was divorced, marriage license in hand, had a Justice of the peace waive the 3 day wait and married. I had two hours to get guests invited and to show up at the office. I only needed 2.
When I got home, a new bride, I heard one of my almost 18 week old girls singong the egg song. Still in my wedding dress I run to the coop. Nothing. This morning, nothing so far. The perfect end to such a hectic day would have been my first egg. But instead I got to spend the night in my HUSBANDS arms. He's related by marriage now, he can sleep here again.

Yesterday was perfect, but my girls teased me with it being more perfect, but that didn't happen.

x2 what a beautiful story and true .. I think Slim just needs some good home cookin', and I will say no more - this is a family website. Ah I wish that happened to me............

That's awesome Tasha! I've been having a rough week and your story definitely made me happier! Here's to many many years of happiness for you and your new husband!

That's awesome Tasha! I've been having a rough week and your story definitely made me happier! Here's to many many years of happiness for you and your new husband!

I'm glad my story brightened your day. Don't get me wrong, still a lot going on. We go to trial in January for custody of my boys. It was a small victory to get my divorce and to get my baby back home.
The funny thing is my ex was VERY happy with the man in my life until I filed for divorce. It's a long battle but I'm happy with the small victories. I feel blessed.
Now if my girls would just lay an egg and stop teasing me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom