Just a Bad day, prayers needed

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by pamperedpoultry, Nov 24, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

This day has not been a good one, to make a long story short Me and DH live with my parents at the moment. My sister is getting out of rehab for the 3rd time in 2 months today and I've decided I'm done but she's coming stay with us. She has an apartment that her 17 year old son is staying at. They do not get along and says she can't be around him.

Then on top of that DH hurt is knee a week ago (same knee he has already had surgery on his ACL) Called today about his MRI and he's tore it again.

I know things could always be worse and I'm blessed to have a home and family. Just tryin to keep my spirits up.

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] Think positive, don't allow her to stress you out, don't be dragged into drama and keep a calm head! Hope the knee recovers, I re-injured mine after surgery once and had a great Dr. who took care of it!

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    I'm also "that person" that family leans on when they need to... Ive had my sister live with me several times, my cousin and her children a few times, brother-in-law, and my nephew. Sometimes it gets tiring being "the reliable" one, especially when you look at a persons choices that brought them to that point. I just think to myself that if ever my children are in a situation and needing a place to stay I would want a family member to welcome them in with open arms, so I need to do the same. I do insist on people doing chores and if they are physiacvlly able to able to work they need to have a part-time job at least.If nothing else its an excercise in patience right? LOL
    So Sorry about yours hubby's knee! I hope your day improves, and you get a "special" blessing today to brighten your spirits

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sending hugs and prayers your way that things will start looking up.

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

When the going gets tough...come hang out in my barn PP. I got horses that need grooming BADLY. They would love to see you and your curry comb pull in. [​IMG]

Seriously, you can come hide here anytime and you dont really have to curry the horses... you could. But you dont have to [​IMG]

You're in my prayers.

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
  7. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Thanks everyone.

LOL Kim, You may find me hubby, 5horses 3dogs 2 cats,1 pot bellied pig, and 80+ chickens hiding in your barn before its all over. Thanks I know your havin it rough too, but it will all get better.

8. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Its a biiiig barn. You and DH can even come in the house...lol.

It'll be okay PP. Just keep saying it. God will hear you and you are already being lifted up by many in prayer.

(hugs)

9. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Sorry you are going through this. And poor DH. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by