Just a thank you

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by clhbubba, Jul 25, 2011.

1. clhbubba

clhbubba Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Oklahoma
    I do not come on here as much as I used to(or would like too)but rely on this site for information and help. When I first found this site, I read every thread about problems with chicks, etc. to prepare myself for raising chicks. I recently had a chick hatch with splayed leg. I remember someone saying something on here about putting a bandaide between their legs. Well, IT WORKS! I'm so happy. My first thought was to cull, but it's such a pretty little chick I gave it a try. The little stinker will probably turn out to be a rooster now, but it won't have messed up legs! Thank you to who ever it was that posted that thread long ago.

2. jmjmcelwee

jmjmcelwee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    Dillsburg, PA
    I'm always reading "tid-bits" like that...while they don't apply to me now, I mentally store them for later [​IMG]

3. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    This site does have some wonderful information, and everyone on here seems so knowledgeable. Thanks to this site, I even have 3 more chickens [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Hopefulloflove

Hopefulloflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Benson, NC
    How awesome..I remember reading about that when you were asking for advice! I am so glad it has had a happy ending [​IMG]

5. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:Agreed--I am new to chickens -4 weeks into being a "chicken Mom" . I had no clue as to how to raise chicks, this site provides a wealth of information, and it's not like a book were they are telling you just 1 way to do things ( the authors way)--this site is from many different people who do things differently, so you get a few variations in how to go about stuff. And then you can find what works for you. So thank you everybody for sharing information and tips on raising our flock.[​IMG]

6. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    I agree 100% . This site is soo helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by