Just added: A Duck Pen (pics)

ourlittleflock

Songster
10 Years
May 28, 2009
North Carolina
frow.gif

I had these 3 lovely calls hatch and of course they needed a place to live.. so I added their pen to my existing coop. They will have the run/pen during the day to play, splash and bath and then at night they will be secure in the coop.. I will have a automatic door between the 2 areas. you can see the rest of the coop at my byc page.

first the babies
32670_100_0230.jpg

and pics of the duck pen, We still have a few times to do 1) add the door, 2) spread the rocks and a few other odd and end,, any feedback to make it easier will be appreciated - the pond does have a drain hole that will come out of the front of the penned area so water can be changed. the door is on the outside for easy access to the penned area.
32670_100_0253.jpg

32670_100_0254.jpg

32670_100_0255.jpg

32670_100_0256.jpg

Quote:
the rocks have in tumbled so new rough edges... We have also added steps to get in and out of the pool for them... so they really never need to get on the rocks... I am hoping the rocks prevent tons of mud

The quarry in our area sells what they call block dust. It runs about $8 a ton and absorbs water like sand and makes the pens so easy to clean. You will regret putting gravel down. Makes cleaning the pens a task. Check around for block dust and once you put it in your pens you will never use anything else. It is also awesome to used in dog kennels.

Quote:
the rocks have in tumbled so new rough edges... We have also added steps to get in and out of the pool for them... so they really never need to get on the rocks... I am hoping the rocks prevent tons of mud

Ok, but I would still watch out because they can/could get Bumblefoot.

Back
Top Bottom