Just candelled my Wellsummers, Araucanas, and Silkies :( UPDATE

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AHappychick, Mar 10, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    All shipped by 3 different BYC members, all from excellent stock out of a dozen or more of each I have only 2 silkies that look like maybe they are developing but I really don't think so, 5 wellsummers, and 4 Araucanas (these I am sure are at least developing for now. All the rest were scrambled by the PO I guess, since I cracked them open and there was nothing but broken yolks

I am so bummed, I know its not the bator (r-com and 1588 both amazing) and shipping eggs is such a gamble but still...[​IMG]

Other than waiting for one more batch of eggs from one member this was supposed to be my last hatches. It is so weird too, since I have gotten some eggs that had great hatches and some not so much I guess some just get handled better than others.

I am very excited to see what does hatch and am hoping that I at least get a few of each.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Well, I will keep my fingers crossed for you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Uhh, what day are you on? What temps are the bators? What is your humidity? Are you turning by hand or auto turner?

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    somehow I double posted this so I have asked for it to be closed, sorry!

But to answer my humidity was at 50 and my temp at 99.7 I have a r-com 20 and it auto turns, it does just about everything but raise the chicks!

5. LilEmilysChknPen

LilEmilysChknPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:I totally feel your pain. I received 15 Black copper marans eggs from Bev davis that I'm hatching, and only 5 out of the 15 seem to have made it so far. We will see how many hatch in 4 days! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!

- Felisha

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    well 3 our of 4 Araucanas are pipping now!!! [​IMG]

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by