Just candled, is this a winner? ~PICS~

Yeh, I was thinking the same thing about the air cell. That either means it was never fertilized or it's a quitter, right? Like if the egg stays like that.

Before I read all the comments, I also thought the air-cell looked too big for day 6. Increase humidity a little bit if you have been keeping it low. I wait and candle on Day 10-14 and it is easier to see the veins.

They are developing good but you need to make sure the water container you are using never dries out. Candle again in a week and take pictures for us. Also make sure you are turning the eggs twice a day.

Last edited:
K, so I am adding some more water in there for more humudity. Hopefully that will increase his or her chances.

And I will most definetly be adding more pictures. Maybe not tomorrow, but within the next couple of days.

... Thanks for the help

You are right!!!!! They are fertile!! I checked 3 of them today and took pictures, but they didn't come out so good. They just kinda look like the original ones I posted.

So here is a picture of what they look like that I found on the web:

7-days.jpg

... They all pretty much look exactly like this one. I am so excited, I just chose 3 random ones to candle before I went to work, and I come to find out that ALL 3 I candled were fertile and growing well, as far as I can see!

...I will do the rest tomorrow or the next day.

....This is my first time incubating/hatching and so far it's going great. I couldn't have come this far without the help and references from BYC. Thanks guys, I owe you one!

Back
Top Bottom