just candled my duck eggs have a question -- day 14

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I took a look in the eggs and I swear in one of them I saw something moving in two spots on opposite side of the egg - this is not a double yoker - this duck has never laid a double yoker before - the other two eggs I saw movement in only one spot - What could I be seeing? twins in a single yoke egg??? I even called DH to take a look and he saw the same thing I did so I know I am not crazy ... ( well I am but that's for another thread LOL ). I have no experience with hatching lost my last batch on day 16 - so I need a little help here LOL

Julie

I have read about people that try and hatch a double yolker and none have hatched. i'm wondering if they may grow and get to a certain stage then die. Maybe you just have a very big active baby there too.

well this egg is a normal sized duck egg - i know it is not a double yoker - was just wondering what on earth is going on in there LOL

guess I have about 2 weeks or so to find out

really hopeing it is just a big duckling
fl.gif

Julie

I had some hatch today an noticed that one hatched out through the side of the egg, thats where his air sac was, and the other one was in the small end. Both made it out, so who know whats going on!! LOL

well I took a look at the eggs tonight and they dont seem very active tonight - but I guess that is normal- I saw alittle movement so I know they are still alive in there. we are on day 15.
the air cells are looking great and on the end of the eggs like where they are sopposed to be the veins look great - so lets hope everything goes well
fl.gif

Julie

Back
Top Bottom