just candled them! YAY..I should have some fuzzies this time!!!!!

nicoletm24

Songster
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
Timberlake
OK................. i'm on day 7, and i just candled them............

i have 14 that i see movement in
wee.gif

i see 3 that i'm not sure about...need a couple more days to make sure

and I have 6 them i'm pretty sure aren't fertile
he.gif

hey...if i get 14 fuzzy butts outa this hatch...i'll be SUPER EXCITED!!!!
wee.gif

ugh..only day 7 and there are 2 more wks to go! and i'm checking on the bator like it's my baby! lol. i took a couple videos of the ones moving..but my camera died
tongue.gif

i'll try to get a few more clips come day 10. i'm soooooo excited.

I've numbered the ones that I see movement in, so I have 1-14...then i have the others separated in the bator so i know whats what. got ?'s on the 3 I need to check again, and didn't put anything on the ones I'm pretty sure are nothing.

I won't remove any of them unless they start stinking.

maybe i'll have a couple surprise me
ep.gif

this chicken thing is addicting!
yippiechickie.gif

Nicole

checked the temp today...and when i cracked the bator it stinks...

should i go ahead and candle one last time the ones that i don't believe to be anything, and go ahead and toss them? i can't tell which one is the stinky one. or still wait until day 18?

LOL, you sound like me!!! My one and only, lonely egg is 7 days in the bator : ) And I saw movement too and went nuts. I recently read somewhere that day 7-10 is the mortality peak, so now I'm crossing my fingers to make it through that.

I totally hear you on the comparison to a baby. And if the temp's off a tad, it's like it's crying...and I'm on it, pronto!
big_smile.png

Good luck!!

And if I were you I wouldn't take the chance on any stinkies exploding all over the rest of your eggs. Maybe pick each one up and sniff it (??)

Back
Top Bottom