Just created my account!

Terrormina

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 7, 2012
Hi! I've been reading the forums here for about a week and finally joined! I kind of "fell" into chickens last week. I was driving with a friend in our neighborhood when we saw a chicken in the street. We slowed to a stop, rolled down the window and told the chicken to get home. Instead of fleeing, it approached the car so my friend opened the door and without hesitation it jumped in! Seriously... was NOT expecting that. I wasn't sure what to do... I have lived here all my life and never have I seen a chicken in our neighborhood. I took her home because we don't live in a "roaming chicken" friendly neighborhood - lots of large dogs that run loose.. coyotes... possums and racoons.. and she definately seemed happy to be safe.

I went to the 3 tack/feed stores in our area and put up found chicken signs... and asked around the neighborhood but nobody seems to know anything about a lost chicken. I have had her over 2s week now and she is an absolute joy! She's social and friendly... must have been somebody's pet but I haven't had luck finding them (or they aren't claiming her). I look at it as their loss! She is happily being spoiled and is safe as I can make her. The oddest part of it all, is that just a week before we found her, I was talking about getting into chickens.. and then BOOM! A chicken finds me!

A friend told me that she believes the little lady is an Easter Egger.. and it seems to be true. She lays smaller light green (almost puddy colored) eggs in what seems to be a 3 day cycle (2 days of eggs, 1 day off). I am so addicted now, that I have ordered baby chicks from MyPetChicken.com (5) and am IMPATIENTLY waiting. Also, I am researching chicken coops diligently (my family uses the word obsessed).

I'm hooked!

hahah!

HI! &&& WELCOME!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom