just curios

ChaRmy*

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Australia, Bendigo
I'm not sure if this is true at all i even feel stupid asking about it but i got told that you can buy nappy things for your chicken so that they can live inside. I hope it is but i just cant imagine them making it.

Thanks guys
p.s. If it's not dont laugh im just gullible:D

Anything is possible these days.

But.

I would be thinking when it comes time to take it off what would you clean the chicken off with.

I can only see problems .

Hi,

Yes, they are real
big_smile.png

Use the 'search' function on this site and type in:

chicken diaper

There are a couple of threads you can go through.

Hey guys thanks heaps for that it's really interesting i honestly thought it was a lie i'm really glad now i keep my chicken insied (much to my boyfriends discust)...He thinks it's unnatural But I LOVE HER!!!
big_smile.png

there was a show (probably on animal planet) a while back about chickens, and one woman had a show chicken that lived inside and followed her around...anything is possible!

ChaRmy...there is a forum just for people with housechickens. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/housechickens/

I
have a housechicken, Priscilla--the one that wore a cast when she was 3 months old. Well, she returned to her flock after her leg healed, but would come stand at the patio door when she needed to lay her egg. She would stand there with her face pressed up against the glass and fuss. After getting her face and comb slashed pretty good in a hen fight, I brought her back inside. Ever since then she sleeps in the house at night and stays inside during the day if the weather bothers her leg.

Priscilla knows phrases like, "go to bed", "come eat", "come here", "Willow's here, go outside and play", "NO", etc. She stands at the pantry when she wants a treat.

She's bossy, sassy, and stole the dog bed from my dog, lol. Poor guy has to sleep on the sofa.

I got tired of trying to wrestle this sassy hen into the diaper, so she doesn't wear one anymore, that's why the carpeted living room is off limits.
barnie.gif

It isn't exactly easy having a housechicken, but it is a unique experience.
Stephanie

LOL!@ Mayberry Saints.
I have house chickens too.
I came home early from work and found 2 ploops in the bathroom...guess they're getting to know what that's for...
I'm also a member of that site...I'm sure that chickens can be house broken too. I remember someone that taught their house chicken to use the litter box.

SpottedCrow, I haven't been to the housechicken site in a quite a while. Maybe I'll join. Can you find the post where someone taught their chicken to use a litter box? Priscilla is stubborn 4 year-old hen, wonder if it is too late to teach her a new trick?
Stephanie

Back
Top Bottom