Just curious who else is living super frugal

OK my wonderfully frugal friends!
I am out of dish soap (not washer detergent, just soap) and cant get any until the weekend. Any suggestions on making my own solution from stuff I have on hand (baking soda, washing soda, borax, fels naptha, vinegar etc)?

Been living frugal for years... Times are tough and its amazing how much great stuff is at our local thrift stores.. Were on the Central Coast California.. lots of wealthy folks tossing barely used clothing. So its been a game for our family. And with my work i trash shirts faster than superman. So I dont feel bad when i tear a 2.00 shirt.

But growing our own food, eating tasty pork. Our family house, farm and business is all off-grid. totally No power lines coming in what so ever.

Remember try to do without something. after a while it gets easier.

I washed several loads of the powdered detergent in my HE washer.....it is not getting them clean. I will try the liquid next load and hopefully better results. If not, then I would use the powdered detergent for other things to wash by hand.

I used the homemade laundry soap for a while, but found it wasn't getting grease stains out. Maybe I should have used it in conjunction with a spray stain remover?

Mulewagon, apparently, we have the extremely rare "Honey Badger Squirrels" here, 'cos they don't care. They're baddass. They wait until after it rains and washed enough away. The birds maybe get one day of peace.

Back
Top Bottom