Just curious who else is living super frugal

We have become hard pressed for money recently, I quit my job in April (moral issues) and we burned through savings fast! I now borrow just to make my mortgage. I started making extensive lists for the grocery store (we go weekly, mostly because of milk) I plan every meal down to sides and sauces. For 2.5 ppl, I average 45 bucks a week on groceries. this includes dog food! We buy any clothing at thrift stores and I do use coupons if they are easily accessible. We also buy a lot of things at the dollar store....detergents etc. I also a working to pay off the credit cards and of course find a job. as others have said, I don't see me paying full retail ever again!

We have become hard pressed for money recently, I quit my job in April (moral issues) and we burned through savings fast! I now borrow just to make my mortgage. I started making extensive lists for the grocery store (we go weekly, mostly because of milk) I plan every meal down to sides and sauces. For 2.5 ppl, I average 45 bucks a week on groceries. this includes dog food! We buy any clothing at thrift stores and I do use coupons if they are easily accessible. We also buy a lot of things at the dollar store....detergents etc. I also a working to pay off the credit cards and of course find a job. as others have said, I don't see me paying full retail ever again!
no unemployment pay? I know its a pain in the butt to qualify

My understanding was that you can't get unemployment if you quit a job. Me, I wouldn't quit a job if I had mouths to feed unless I had another one waiting. Too much can go wrong. like with jjsasfai not having another one, and running through savings. A risky move.
well, there are 2 people that quit their jobs at my previous employer that are collecting because unemployment approved it. sometimes an employer can appeal and win, and sometimes not. I would apply anyway and try---what does someone have to lose? (a little time on the internet)

Yes, lower poo rate is supposed to mean higher absorption of nutrients. I couldn't prove it but it means less cleaning for me and my animals are all healthy and active so ...
Yes it does! That way any animal that poops less for what they are taking in is the best thing. If they eat and poop more to make up for the ones they don't utilize the feed, change feed.

well, there are 2 people that quit their jobs at my previous employer that are collecting because unemployment approved it. sometimes an employer can appeal and win, and sometimes not. I would apply anyway and try---what does someone have to lose? (a little time on the internet)

Perhaps different states have different rules. Never hurts to try.

I stopped at my favorite store this morning and I found a deal on 1/2 gallons of organic milk and another name brand milk. The expiration date on the milk is not until September 2 and that isn't until next week. There were (6) 1/2 gallons total, so I bought all of them. And for the milk, you can freeze milk and take it out when you need to. Just let it thaw out in the fridge a couple days. There were large tubes of cottage cheese (if you eat that) that was only $0.50. There was an 8 pack of rice pudding for $0.75. Yogurt was $0.25. And there were so many other sale items. I'm happy! :D

This is a pic of 2 of the different name brand milks that I bought this morning.

I stopped at my favorite store this morning and I found a deal on 1/2 gallons of organic milk and another name brand milk. The expiration date on the milk is not until September 2 and that isn't until next week. There were (6) 1/2 gallons total, so I bought all of them. And for the milk, you can freeze milk and take it out when you need to. Just let it thaw out in the fridge a couple days. There were large tubes of cottage cheese (if you eat that) that was only $0.50. There was an 8 pack of rice pudding for $0.75. Yogurt was $0.25. And there were so many other sale items. I'm happy!
big_smile.png

This is a pic of 2 of the different name brand milks that I bought this morning.

Great deal! Do not refreeze after thawing.

Back
Top Bottom