Just curious who else is living super frugal

I was in Walmart yesterday...I "know" bad word. However, when you live 40 mile trip from town, you "try " to do all the shopping on the same day & Walmart was close.

Ok, on with the story.....I needed a new pair of slippers. We have tile floors & the winter can be really chilly on bare feet. I "love" Dearfoam Slippers but the price always stops me. I thought I might find a pair of nice slippers that were not "too" pricey at Walmart. I was in the shoe dept. when I saw a rack of "Dearfoam"~!~!! OMG~! So I asked the price as they weren't marked. (They are normally about $20 per pair). The clerk says they are marked down to $6 a pair since they didn't sell on "Black Friday". Did I need more urging? NO sireee. I bought 5 pair. I will keep one or two for me & I have 3 lovely Christmas gifts. I came home very satisfied~!

I was in Walmart yesterday...I "know" bad word. However, when you live 40 mile trip from town, you "try " to do all the shopping on the same day & Walmart was close.

Ok, on with the story.....I needed a new pair of slippers. We have tile floors & the winter can be really chilly on bare feet. I "love" Dearfoam Slippers but the price always stops me. I thought I might find a pair of nice slippers that were not "too" pricey at Walmart. I was in the shoe dept. when I saw a rack of "Dearfoam"~!~!! OMG~! So I asked the price as they weren't marked. (They are normally about $20 per pair). The clerk says they are marked down to $6 a pair since they didn't sell on "Black Friday". Did I need more urging? NO sireee. I bought 5 pair. I will keep one or two for me & I have 3 lovely Christmas gifts. I came home very satisfied~!

good story WwmiCasa
is that a Orpington i see in your pic?

Want a decent break from this as I do ,google Keystone pipeline and then
begin a campaign to hound your Federal reps . This issue revolves around
40% of the imported oil being gone overnight we have trillions of untapped
barrels in Alaska. Obama and his "gang green" have stifled this project for
5 years. Why should he care? America is devolving to a third world while
he and his circus jet set on our dime !!! Google his frequency and price tags
of the many extravagant vacations he has and does take OFTEN !! RR

Congratulations you have just made our once great nation a little worse. I'm sure the 90% profit made
by China was gratefully received. May your slippers fall apart soon, then buy a pair mfg by the U.S. !
You actually may have to suffer the hardship of searching for them and paying a lot more than $6 omg.
But hey you got an $84 discount that,s the really important issue right? If you are the least bit worried
about our Nations immediate future watch the documentaries on U.S./China trade practices one that
seems tailor made "The high cost of low prices" or maybe "death by China" which deals with imported
FOOD!!! 0 regulation in China and how our own USDA can only check 1% of all food imports of which
over half are rejected as unfit for human consumption ! They even find RADIOACTIVE FISH!! Eat up $84
worth and reap what you sow. RR

I've been shopping at resale stores and goodwill for years. I hate to pay full price if I don't have to and nobody even knows its used if you don't tell them. I've been working on the monthly grocery store trips too. I used coupons to build up a little stockpile of food and bathroom supplies. I'll never understand how some coupon users manage to get free stuff but I still managed to save a lot of money. Right now I go to the grocery store about every 3 weeks but I still buy bread and milk weekly. The biggest problem was the meat. Its so expensive but if you hit enough BOGO sales you finally fill the freezer. Get a vacuum sealer. You get better prices per lb if you buy the family size. I also keep the stockpile in a locked closet and only get out what we need for the week. If I don't the horde of teenagers running in and out of our house eats it all up in just a few days. I'm working on being more self sufficient too. I have chickens for eggs and meat. I will be setting up two beehives in April and I can't wait to get the garden in the ground. Its going to get pretty hectic because I usually work 6 days a week but it keeps me off the couch and out of the grocery store. I think everybody should learn to stretch their dollars.

Back
Top Bottom