Just curious who else is living super frugal

Clever!!
THough the frugal in me would use the string from a bag of grain to make a bow tie that I ould pull off and reuse the stocking!!
lol.png

Frugal: turning bugs into eggs. I've turned the back yard into a moon scape again this summer. Dug up all of the ant nests. The girls are stuffed full of ants, pupae, eggs, and pre-emergent queens. Hubby just shakes his head... One minute, he says, "That frustrates me! (Other men would be having quite the rant with choice 4 letter words right about now!!!) The next minute, he's looking down over the deck rail, looking at all the ant life that is being turned up with every shovelful, and commenting about what a good job the girls are doing.

Frugal: turning bugs into eggs. I've turned the back yard into a moon scape again this summer. Dug up all of the ant nests. The girls are stuffed full of ants, pupae, eggs, and pre-emergent queens. Hubby just shakes his head... One minute, he says, "That frustrates me! (Other men would be having quite the rant with choice 4 letter words right about now!!!) The next minute, he's looking down over the deck rail, looking at all the ant life that is being turned up with every shovelful, and commenting about what a good job the girls are doing.

Awesome. I'm waiting to turn mine lose into my garden after the harvest-----they can get those dang flea beetles and earwigs for me.
I think I'm going to use that "bugs into eggs" in a school analogy for my kids..they'll love it!

Last edited:
lau.gif

Ahhh, the effects of living frugal!!!!

In my opinion, making lye is one of the things that come under the heading of just because you can do something it doesn't mean you should. Lye is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom