Just curious who else is living super frugal

Merry Christmas Yall! DH and I try to live frugal. Our clothes come from Garage Sales, furniture too. We hardly ever buy anything new, It's such a waste. We have a garden every summer, and I can or dehydrate all I am able to. Planting fruit trees this Spring.

Quote:
So true about how everyone thinks we r crazy. My co workers think my way of living is gross only what they are buying and consuming commercially is what is really gross. I am at the point where I am not going to discuss my new way of life with them at all. I know that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and my clean food is that prevention.

Wow, I just can't imagine paying a quarter of a million for a place. Here in Al you can buy a brand new three bedroom, two bath brick home on four acres for less than 100,000. In another year they will drop another 15 to 20% in value. If they are asking 200,000, I would bet you can get it for 100,000. I know in my daughters case, with three kids, they could save enough to pay their house payment and more by just cooking and quit eating out. They do nothing to save money. I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if she didn't borrow money all the time. I haven't had a car payment in over 15yrs. I buy on e-bay or at car auctions. If you gave 10,000 for a car or truck off a lot, you could have bought one like it yourself for less than 7,000. If you add the finance charges, you will save thousands by paying cash. I usually drive mine about five yrs and sell it for around what I gave. I don't use credit cards other than debit. People could save a lot on their light bill by cutting them off when not needed. The best advise I could give anyone, would be to pay your home off as soon as possible, because things will get worse.

Well I am thinking home prices everywhere are different. In my area, these are the prices. My home I was told by a realtor, could be put up for 210k, and it's a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath on .33 of an acre. It's a split level, and about 1700 sqft. Overall, kinda a boring home. I would gladly upgrade to a 3,000 sqft home, 4 bed, 3.5 bath, with 5 acres, a barn, garage, and garden shed for 249k. I think it's a fair price. My property taxes will be higher, but not by much more. It gives me the space to own a family cow, free range some chickens and plant and orchard and bigger garden. I would like more acreage, but if the cow is supplemented with hay we should be fine. 3 acres of this home is also plowed and ready to be planted, as it was being rented to a farmer for growing hay.

FRUGAL ALERT!!!
If you were wanting to send out those fancy family photo holiday cards check out 123print.com. I just got 50 postcards with our photo on it for $10.77! If you are new to the site they will give you 20% off and free shipping, but if you delete 20% off coupon and put in RA4000A you will get 40% off and still free shipping!
big_smile.png
50 postcard stamps will cost you $14.50 at the PO. Cheaper if you hand deliver! Don't wait too long to order, after check-out I got an estimated delivery of Dec 16th-22nd. It's a tight window but the savings makes it worth it. On top of it all, the sight was VERY easy to use and I was done in about 10 mins. Happy holidays frugal friends!

How is everyone doing with their frugal life? This is a hard season for it. We are hanging in there. Nothing gets spent that's not written down at this point.

Check out walgreens those of you struggling to buy cheap. They had buy one get one and then the registar bucks. I bought 8 gifts regularly prices at 6.99 and only paid 22. I was able to finish off my gift buying and buy extras to go to the local womens shelter WAY under budget. I was happy.

Our house has still not sold and thats still the one thing standing in our way financially. The house sells and we can finally build on the farm. The plot has already been cleared and is just waiting.

Everyone stay strong.

I don't know. Ours had pretty good deals. I got 2 barbies, a disney flash light set with the disks that put different pictures on the wall, a kids power tool set, a baby doll with open close eyes and the magic bottles, a littlest pet shop set ( 2 pets and tons of accessories), and a set of " 250 lego blocks" not really lego blocks but compatible, and a disney backpack with coloring supplies. Total was $22 It may depend on where you on and when you go. I made friends with one of the full time ladies and she gives me heads up when things she knows I will want are about to go on sale. I drive by it constantly so its no biggie for me to delay my shopping a day or so.

Back
Top Bottom