Just curious who else is living super frugal

zzGypsy, OOOOH, YOU GOT BEES ? I WANT BEES !!! I can't afford a hive, or a nuc, or a queen, and probably don't have enough forage for 'em. But I like bees! They make my nose feel funny when I stick them up it!
woot.gif

~S

zzGypsy, OOOOH, YOU GOT BEES ? I WANT BEES !!! I can't afford a hive, or a nuc, or a queen, and probably don't have enough forage for 'em. But I like bees! They make my nose feel funny when I stick them up it!
woot.gif

~S
ha! if I did that and got stung my face would be the size and shape (and probably color) of a basketball...
for a beekeeper, I'm a little sensitive to stings... have to take a lot of benatryl if I get stung more than a half dozen times, and sometimes I get cortizone... at least if I get stung on the neck or head.
I will say that bees are exceedingly cool.

ha! if I did that and got stung my face would be the size and shape (and probably color) of a basketball...
for a beekeeper, I'm a little sensitive to stings... have to take a lot of benatryl if I get stung more than a half dozen times, and sometimes I get cortizone... at least if I get stung on the neck or head.
I will say that bees are exceedingly cool.
Yeah, me too probably. But for me, that's half the fun !!!
Then again, some say I am crazy, but I prefer to think of myself as whimsical !!!
wee.gif

~S

LOL, I like to think I'm just nuts enough to be interesting ;)
Not Me! I can bore a log to sleep! The hard part is that Lydia has the power to have me committed so I've got to watch my "Ps and Qs". Or is it "Js and Ks"? No, no, it's "Bs and3s", I'm sure of it. Or at least I think I'm sure, what was the air speed of an unladen european swallow again?
th.gif

~S

P.S. I have been having a hard time lately, so I tend to compensate with humor. Bad humor I suppose. But that's what i have to cope with. Hope I haven't offended anyone. Scott

Last edited:
Nope...there aren't a whole lot of things that offend me...I tend to use humor the same way. I figure I can laugh or I can cry, and while a good cry once in a while is good for you, moping isn't. Hope things turn around for ya and that ya get to cracking wise just for the sake of cracking wise :)

Ahhh well I posted a bit ago about finding cheaper insurance. Well its time to make the change. BUT on the off chance that my credit union might have a deal with someone I logged on to check. Sure enough they do. So I went and got a quote. An extra 180 a year difference. Its insane. So we are over the 800 mark and still going. I think I am not going to get any lower now but I am pretty dang happy.

So if your part of a credit union you might check. It was through liberty mutual and was for credit union members. No fees and a discount on insurance. Yep its a good day.

woot.gif

~S

You can build a hive for not very much called a top bar hive. You'd still have to buy the queen and bees unless you know someone who would "give" you one. We wanted a hive too, but can't have one where we live. So we're growing sorghum to make syrup from for sweetening stuff. Lot less allergy problems too ...

Nope...there aren't a whole lot of things that offend me...I tend to use humor the same way. I figure I can laugh or I can cry, and while a good cry once in a while is good for you, moping isn't. Hope things turn around for ya and that ya get to cracking wise just for the sake of cracking wise :)
Thanks. It's been 30 years since I survived a near-fatal accident. Not all of me made it back. I've been having a lot of flashbacks lately, real vivid. Snickers, my service dog, is real good at helping me out of them, but he can't prevent them. 9-11 anniversary isn't helping, either.

But hey, why did a good Canadian like you miss the Monty Python reference, eh?

~S

Back
Top Bottom