just discovered the joy of ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Dianne1928, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Dianne1928

Dianne1928 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Stagecoach Nevada
    Hi everyone
    Back in june I decided to build an aviary and get some mandarin ducks. I dic. Then I was in love. I got teal, wood ducks, whisteling ducks, call ducks, and then the eggs.
    The eggs are the problem. It is day 26, one has internally piped, but no chirping. The other hasn.hasnt piped. But the one, #5. How long do I wait. Then what. Just waitting and wondering is driving me crazy. I already love the little guys, named them too. I could use alittle moral dupport please.

Thank you. Dianne You

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Welcome!

Try posting your concern on the Thread Formerly Known as Hatch Day is Today, where experienced hatchers check in.

I do know that hatching can be nerve-wracking, from what I read here.

3. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    X2. And [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
  5. Dianne1928

Dianne1928 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Stagecoach Nevada
    Thank you for the nice replies. I need to think about these things differently. The worst thing that could have happened is that they would not have hatched. That is the way of life. Or don't count your ducks before they hatch.

I do have something mysterious going on in my aviary. I bought juvinille mandarin ducks this spring. They started mating, and now these mysterious eggs are popping up. I guess I will have to wait and see what hatches out ???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by