Just Do it! VOTE!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I sent in my ballot last week. This thread is a friendly reminder for those of you who don't watch TV or listen to the radio. [​IMG]

Keep politics out of this.

Just tell us you voted.

2. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I will vote after work. Most polling places have LONG hours [​IMG]

3. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Voted early already

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Will be voting after work. Taking my kids along, as I always do, so they can see the process.

5. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Quote:Yay!!!! for you!! Good idea. I always went with my Mom too and now I always vote so it works! My hubby and I vote together after work. A couple who votes together-stays together! (sometimes our votes cancel out each other, but we still each had our say!)

6. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    No offense, but I just don't see the point. I will be glad to be done with all the negative ads though. Every ad I see only talks about the other candidates faults. I haven't seen any where people actually say what they would do if elected. I truly believe it's an exercise in futility

7. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Quote:Considering 40-60% of folks follow this logic, I don't think it's surprising that government is as corrupt as it is. Keep the trend and it won't ever get better, only worse.

I rarely vote R or D. Usually Libertarian if there is one running, or Independent if there isn't. I still vote - too many women fought for the right for too long. I don't want their efforts to be in vain.

8. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    Just remember if you don't vote , you don't have the right to complain after!
    [​IMG]

9. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I am not going to vote.....

I am a Canadian in Canada....LOL

10. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    When people want to know what party I belong to, I say I'm a monarchist. This usually ends the discussion as they think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I do believe in freedom, but not necessarily democracy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by