just done building my brooder tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Omran, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hello, please check out this brooder and tell m what you think!
    if it needs any improvement please let me know
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you
    Omran

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I hate it. How could you build something so great and not offer to build me one? How rude! You and your fancy brooder and me stuck with a Sterilite box! SHAME SHAME SHAME (I love it)

EDIT: There's something missing. It's the equivilent to our heroin.... CHICKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
  3. gaeamama

gaeamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    Wow, that looks fabulous!! Your chickies should do very well in there.

4. PQ4evr

PQ4evr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Bellville Ohio
    its wonderful looking got a bunch of scrap wood from a builder so hopfully our chickies will have a nicer pad then a cardboard box this year

5. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:I swear if you were not far I build you one, or if you come to pick it up you got a deal

6. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    Omran,
    We know anything you build is going to be like the best one ever......What's going in there?

7. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow.... [​IMG] now I am thinkin I should build a brooder instead of that old cardboard box of a brooder I have! [​IMG]

You did a great job!! [​IMG] And, I love the coop you did , too!!! You are a very talented builder!!! [​IMG]

8. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:Thank you very much, that's very nice from you.
    Thanks again.

Omran

9. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    thank you guys,
    do I need to put any small boxes inside for the chicks to play in??

10. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Omran, great job, as usual. Is that a shelf I see in there with space for the chicks to hide under? Is it adjustable? Depending on the number of chicks you plan on housing in there you might want to put a removable divider in it with a door for them to go from one side to the other. That way if they get too hot they can go to the side away from the heat.

What kind of perches are you going to use for them once they start to get bigger?

I wouldn't put boxes in there for them to play on or in. Might cause problems later on when the pullets start to lay and everybody wants to play in the nest boxes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by