Just getting started. Looking forward to getting educated.

Send the rain to CT! My backyard looks like the dust bowl.
I would send it gladly if I could. I just gone done working 4 12 hour days noon to midnight and the first 2 days I have off it has rained all day long. Sooooo...I worked in the rain today laying out the foundation for my coop and finished my brooder box. Just got a little wet and muddy.

Welcome! Thanks for sharing coop pic. Everyone will tell you that you can never have too much predator proofing. Share your progress and your new chicks when ready! :frow
Will do! Thanks for the contact. I've been reading the threads here on the predator issue. I will do whatever it takes to protect my Ladies you can bet on that! I think I remember a quote from a movie "welcome to Tennessee, the patron State of shooting stuff". Has anyone tried a large mannequin dressed up with a scary motion sensor talking skull like a Halloween prop to deter predators? I have access to some mannequins . Just wondering.

I wonder how many of “us” (I’m still very new here) that have chickens also have some of the prepper vibe in us. I know I do. Chickens, hopefully ducks, water collection, expanding the garden...
Yeah I'm prepping. Been prepping for 20 years since I moved from South Fl to TN. I figure if I can feed the chickens they will feed us.

Last edited:
Will do! Thanks for the contact. I've been reading the threads here on the predator issue. I will do whatever it takes to protect my Ladies you can bet on that! I think I remember a quote from a movie "welcome to Tennessee, the patron State of shooting stuff". Has anyone tried a large mannequin dressed up with a scary motion sensor talking skull like a Halloween prop to deter predators? I have access to some mannequins . Just wondering.

Whoa...scary motion sensor mannequins? I think you've got predator proofing down pat. :thumbsup

Hey ya'll, Just ordered a big chicken coop yesterday. We have 6 egg eating grandchildren and their parents living with my wife and I in southeast TN. I joined this forum to get an education and am glad to meet ya'll. Don't know much about chickens but I do know how to read. LOL. Our coop should be delivered in about 4-6 weeks so I'm planing to build a foundation for it and several runs. We are very excited to get started.
Welcome to byc, you will find a fountain of knowledge here as I, being new, have.

Back
Top Bottom