Just getting started

Thanks. I want to be sure that I learn all I can so I don't kill some birds with newbie mistakes. It's not like starting gardening where the worst that happens is you might kill some broccoli.

Thanks. I want to be sure that I learn all I can so I don't kill some birds with newbie mistakes. It's not like starting gardening where the worst that happens is you might kill some broccoli.
No matter how prepared you might be things happen. I lost one of my original 7 babies about 3 weeks after I got them home. We put them in the rabbit play yard (without the rabbits of course) and put the cover on to keep unwanted critters out and a cat got in anyway and killed one. I managed to save the other 6 and have keep a much closer eye on them since. I now have 6 older chickens about 4-6 months old, 14 about 2 months old, 2 geese 2 months old, and 2 rabbits, male and female.(I lost one female rabbit to unknown causes without warning too.) I had learned to be more watchful but things just happen outside of your control too so no matter what you learn or how prepared you are don't fret too much and just have fun with them.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom