Just got my 'bator! (now what?) Pics and questions on how it works

Couldn't be more help.... are you kidding me? You have been a great help!!! You don't even know how much I appreciate it!
hugs.gif

I picked it up, got it home, and suddenly found myself in an overwhelmed panic (not that you probably couldn't tell
ep.gif
)

As if getting the temps and humidity right the first time wasn't difficult enough... getting the silly thing running with missing pieces... lol.

Oh, as far as the missing bucket thing at the top, will any tupperware piece do or does it have to be specific to the incubator?

Any container that will fit and hold water will work,I'll try and help with whatever I can.Just let me know.We will figure this out.LOL

The thermostat is electronic and looks like the ones in the new Genesis model styrofoam 'bator... Can you not contact who sold it to you for instructions?

Quote:
They did. That temp "thingy" is a 7 pin, DIP selector switch commonplace in digital electronic circuits. I can assure you the temp controller has been modified.

Ill have another look later tonight and offer some more insight. Patience, grasshopper....

Last edited:
Quote:
HOLY SCHMOLY Davaroo!!! How on earth did you know what that little funky thing is! How would I change the temp with it if I needed to??? And why on earth would someone modify a simple temp switch to that?

Quote:
Quote:
How did I know what it is? Well, everyone knows something....

As to how its been utilized, I'd say it is one of two things:
- A preset control set to achieve single temperature.
- A weighted bit control, something like a combination switch. Set the switches one way and you get one temp, set them another way and you get a different temp.

My money is on a preset control and the DIP switch is what was handy. Right now, it is set with switch 4, "ON," and that is giving you 100 degrees or so? Isn't that what you said? If so, try turning on one of the other switches. If it doesn't change the temp, then you have a preset control.

If it does change then you have a combination switch. The thing to do in that case is to record where it is, make a change, let the incubator settle and record the result. Then make another change, if needed, and keep doing that until you get just the temp you want.
The problem is, there are an awful lot of switch combinations to try!

Again, I think you have a preset control, as it appears the switch connects to the back the controller module. Whoever installed it knew what they were doing and probably kept it simple. I'd have to take apart the circuit to know exactly what has been done and, of course, that is out of the question.

Do you know anyone that is skilled in electrical work? They could easily convert it to wafer switch control or replace the control knob and get it working as designed.

Last edited:
Alright folks.... I'm back from my shopping extravaganza and I have a thermometer with humidity gauge!

After 4 stores... no water weasel
sad.png
Can I fill an empty egg with laundry soap or something that sort of gooey consistency and put it in and somehow put the little cord in and make a mess and prob no longer get an accurate humidity reading
idunno.gif

As far as making the hatcher try at the bottom..... how tall does it have to be? A simple 1x2 frame or does it need to be taller and use 2x4's?

Looks like the bater is holding at 100.4' and a steady 47% completely dry.

Back
Top Bottom