Just got my first ducklings... any idea what breed they are?

crawfosa

Hatching
Mar 26, 2018
Hello,

I am new to this forum and ducks. I just picked up some week old baby ducks from someone on craigslist and I have no idea what breed or mix they are. The person I got them from bought a bunch of duck eggs to test out their incubator so they didn't have any information for me. They are still timid around me so it's hard to get pictures. Anyone have any ideas?
IMG_1126.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1123 (1).JPG

I don’t know much about ducks but with baby chickens I always ensure I hold them lots and pick them up to give them treats. I spend a lot of time with them and they soon get used to me. Good luck with your ducklings!

So cute! The one with the dark colored diamond on the head looks similar to a Silver Appleyard so that might be a possibility. The other two don't really look like it though. Maybe they came from a mixed flock and one is pure and the others are mixes. But that's just guessing. I think you'll probably have to wait until they get their adult feathers.

Hello,

I am new to this forum and ducks. I just picked up some week old baby ducks from someone on craigslist and I have no idea what breed or mix they are. The person I got them from bought a bunch of duck eggs to test out their incubator so they didn't have any information for me. They are still timid around me so it's hard to get pictures. Anyone have any ideas?
View attachment 1313511 View attachment 1313512 View attachment 1313514
Very cute little cluster of babies.

:frow
I have no idea what you have there, but they sure are cute!!!
Welcome to BYC! This site has some super great resources for you on this your first adventure with ducks!!!

Back
Top Bottom